Balcony Partitions On Carnival Dream

lilmizz

On the Cove's, every other partition is actually a storm door to protect the glass door in bad weather, so to "open" it, you'd be blocking the access from that cabin to go out onto the balcony.

Edited by shootr

Cove balcony partitions do NOT open. Most regular balconies do.

Actually they do open, just not every one of them can be opened to create a larger balcony with the cabin beside it. Totally depends on which cabins you are looking at whether the partitions can be opened to create that extra large balcony.

carnival-dream-cove-balcony-yst347.jpg

Actually they do open, just not every one of them can be opened to create a larger balcony with the cabin beside it. Totally depends on which cabins you are looking at whether the partitions can be opened to create that extra large balcony.

carnival-dream-cove-balcony-yst347.jpg

7 days in a wonderful cove and I never took a pic of the divider! I was racking my feeble brain trying to reconcile the design of the storm door/partition layouts throughout the ship but could only really remember my little piece of it.

10263 will connect to 10265; 10267 will connect with 10269. the reason 10265 and 10267 cannot connect is that if you open the partition, it will block one of the doors and you will not be able to get out onto the balcony. It's the problem Carnival has with the doors on one side of the room. EM

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know if 7447 and 7441 can be opened? They are connecting rooms and we are putting Dh and myself in one and the kids in the other.

Most all of the doors can be opened, even the ones that block the doors, we did it. The only thing is that supposedly they will open only do many doors, so ask early. If your don't know for sure about your door, I would take some bungee cords.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if 7447 and 7441 can be opened? They are connecting rooms and we are putting Dh and myself in one and the kids in the other.

Yes and no. We were in 7441 last week with relatives next door. Guest services will tell you it cannot be opened as it will block the cabin door. This is wrong. it opens out to the railing and I secured it with a bungee cord. I cannot reveal HOW I opened it, though.........:D

Guest services would not open it and kept insisting that it opened toward the cabin door..........

Edited by cruisetobeaches

Yes and no. We were in 7441 last week with relatives next door. Guest services will tell you it cannot be opened as it will block the cabin door. This is wrong. it opens out to the railing and I secured it with a bungee cord. I cannot reveal HOW I opened it, though.........:D

Guest services would not open it and kept insisting that it opened toward the cabin door..........

I don't ask customer service, I ask my room steward. And it depends on which partition they are opening. I also mentioned bungee cords.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

I don't ask customer service, I ask my room steward. And it depends on which partition they are opening. I also mentioned bungee cords.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Room steward needs to get permission from guest services on most ships before they can open a divider and at least one person from each cabin has to be present before permission is granted. Been there, done that, and it does make sense so far as having both party's OK.

Our steward knew I did this and just smiled..............

Room steward needs to get permission from guest services on most ships before they can open a divider and at least one person from each cabin has to be present before permission is granted. Been there, done that, and it does make sense so far as having both party's OK.

Our steward knew I did this and just smiled..............

No the room steward does not have to get permission, is he supposed to, yes, does he have to, no, ours had a key, I too have been there and done that. If they all followed the rules, yours would have re-locked your door. As far as having someone from each cabin present, we had 4 rooms in a row, we opened 3 partitions, we didn't open them between ours and a strangers room. He opened them at the same time we requested it. We have done it on more than one ship as well.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Again, is there a way to know which Cove Balconies can have the dividers opened? Need to book two Coves on the Dream, but I'm not booking them if we can't open the divider.

Is there a website that will tell me? Specifically, 2375 & 2379 OR 2354 & 2358 on Carnival Dream.

Edited by shawne71

Again, is there a way to know which Cove Balconies can have the dividers opened? Need to book two Coves on the Dream, but I'm not booking them if we can't open the divider.

Is there a website that will tell me? Specifically, 2375 & 2379 OR 2354 & 2358 on Carnival Dream.

How about between Cove balconies 2346 & 2350? Will the divider open?

Edited by shawne71

• 1 month later...
I know that regular balcony partitions can be removed from personal experience. However, I believe they can only remove so many on the ship for safety reasons. No idea where I read that just a memory that popped up.

If they removed them completely, where would they store them? It's not like they're wallet size.

The only ones that open to the railing are the Spirit class. The rest of the classes open toward the bulkhead.

The reason that the cabins are arranged back to back like they are is because of the bathrooms. Two bathrooms share the same plumbing. Had they all been the same way, it would have taken twice as much plumbing.

On our last cruise, DB and SIL were in the next cabin. We ask the steward about opening the divider. He said that the only way he couldn't do it until he was told by Guest Services to open it. He said one party from both cabins had to go down there in person to request it.

DB and I went down there and asked about it. The guy said that he would have to check the list to see if it was possible. He came back and said that it was possible for those two cabins and he would contact the cabin steward. By the time we got back to the cabins it was already done.

I looked up staterooms 10232 and 10236 of the Breeze they are connecting staterooms, but according to the goccl site the balcony partitions do not open to each other. Is there absolutely no way to open these or is a way to open them ourselves and use a bungee cord?

I looked up staterooms 10232 and 10236 of the Breeze they are connecting staterooms, but according to the goccl site the balcony partitions do not open to each other. Is there absolutely no way to open these or is a way to open them ourselves and use a bungee cord?

It takes a key about 1/4 inch square to open them. You wouldn't need a bungee cord. There is a bracket on the bulkhead to secure them to when they open them all up to powerwash the balconies.

More than likely if you did open them yourself, your cabin steward would close them when they cleaned your cabin. If they block the one door, they aren't suppose to be opened for safety reasons.