Sweet or Unsweet tea? Artificial sweeteners?

heathercruisin

They have "fake" ice tea out of a machine, not freshly brewed tea. The tea is unsweet.

You will find sweet n low and splenda I know for sure. Not sure if Equal is there or not.

If you are a picky tea drinker and prefer brewed tea, there are plenty of tea bags to choose from and many flavored teas too. I just make my little cup of hot tea and pour it over ice for fresh ice tea. :)

Being from upstate NY, I will never understand why people put sugar in their ice tea. If that's what you like why not just drink cool aid?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

My guess would be that Kool Aid doesn't come in tea flavor. We drink our tea unsweetened along with our coffee but lots of people put sugar in both. Doesn't make either one right. Just what you prefer.

I grew up on sweet tea and still brew my own at home however I've switched to using Stevia to sweeten it at home and sdon't get it quite as sweet as southern sweet tea. I tolerate the ships tea with the addition of splenda. But always look forward to getting home to real brewed tea.

IMHO, the unsweet tea, served by Carnival, is the worst I've ever tasted. Since it's very important for me to limit sugar intake, I can no longer mix the tea and lemonade as I dd the past 11 years. Now, I get a tea bag and hot water, and brew the tea in a large drinking cup. While hot, I sweeten with Splenda (provided onnboard). Then I pour it over a glass full of ice and am rewarded with a very tasty beverage. Lots of work for a glass of tea, but it's worth it. If I'm not in the mood to brew, I just drink ice water.;)

The iced tea from the dispenser is not the brewed kind; it's instant, not unlike Folgers instant coffee. Sometimes, if you look at the bottom of your cup of tea, you can see stray undissolved granules. It doesn't taste good at all, almost chemical. Then again, I drink my tea hot and unsweetened. What I ended up doing is mixing the iced tea with lemonade, which resulted in a not-too-shabby Arnold Palmer.

Archived