Negative Costa reviews

phider

Urm no.. Samsara restaurant IS a speciality restaurant available to ALL passengers (yes at a surcharge) - Period.

Is it?

No problem. Things may change.

Let's see.

Please tell us - what ships?

Did you pay for Samsara dinner only on your cruise?

Where did you pay for Samsara dinner only: spa, front deck, the restaurant?

Did anyone you know pay for dinner only?

Does Costa say that one can pay for Samsara dinner only on their ships?

Anything factual will be appreciated.

Edited by cruisetrail

Is it?

No problem. Things may change.

Let's see.

Please tell us - what ships?

Did you pay for Samsara dinner only on your cruise?

Where did you pay for Samsara dinner only: spa, front deck, the restaurant?

Did anyone you know pay for dinner only?

Does Costa say that one can pay for Samsara dinner only on their ships?

Anything factual will be appreciated.

i would suggest you look at costa's website for specifics as things change constantly (and your contant bickering and beligerant attitude doesn't really want to make anyone answer your nit-picking questions).

i would suggest you look at costa's website for specifics as things change constantly (and your contant bickering and beligerant attitude doesn't really want to make anyone answer your nit-picking questions).

What?? Asking for facts is "bickering"?

I am stating Samsara restaurant is not purchased separately - from my experience and from Costa website at the time of my cruise.

Blondie008 states that now it's different.

Basing on what facts?

I am more that happy to update the comparison table if needed.

But facts pease??

Old boring mantra about "have you actually cruised.."

Here we go guys!

Share your "actual" experience. Where is it?:)

PS - and on another note - anyone else feeling the phrase "brick wall" - "bang head" come to mind..

never mind the popcorn - feeling "someone" here is seriously in need of some social etiquette skills and a chill pill...:rolleyes:

Just ignore, I can't even understand what he's really saying: screw and loose comes to mind:D

What?? Asking for facts is "bickering"?

I am stating Samsara restaurant is not purchased separately - from my experience and from Costa website at the time of my cruise.

Blondie008 states that now it's different.

Basing on what facts?

I am more that happy to update the comparison table if needed.

But facts pease??

Old boring mantra about "have you actually cruised.."

Here we go guys!

Share your "actual" experience. Where is it?:)

Samsara Restaurant has always been available for all passengers, although at a surcharge (20 euro), if you don't have a Samsara Suite, according to Costa services.

Anyway, all Samsara services is available to all passengers at a surcharge, whereas, if you have purchased a Samsara cabin, they are all available free of charge, and you have prioritized access to them.

On their website, the following is stated

4 restaurants, including the Club Restaurant and the Samsara Restaurant at an additional charge and by reservation only

11 bars, including a Cigar Lounge and a Coffee & Chocolate Bar

*Lunch and dinner at the Samsara Restaurant are included in the price for Guests in the Samsara Cabins and Suites.

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/MiniSites/CostaBenessere/samsara/ristorante/samsara_ristorante.htm

Hope this clarifies it for you.

Also, I did see your Princess comparison, but it is so biased that it is unbelievable. What you do is use Princess as a baseline and compare Costa on that. What about using Costa as a baseline and comparing Princess.

Philip

Samsara Restaurant has always been available for all passengers, although at a surcharge (20 euro), if you don't have a Samsara Suite, according to Costa services.

Anyway, all Samsara services is available to all passengers at a surcharge, whereas, if you have purchased a Samsara cabin, they are all available free of charge, and you have prioritized access to them.

4 restaurants, including the Club Restaurant and the Samsara Restaurant at an additional charge and by reservation only

*Lunch and dinner at the Samsara Restaurant are included in the price for Guests in the Samsara Cabins and Suites.

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/MiniSites/CostaBenessere/samsara/ristorante/samsara_ristorante.htm

Also, I did see your Princess comparison, but it is so biased that it is unbelievable. What you do is use Princess as a baseline and compare Costa on that. What about using Costa as a baseline and comparing Princess.

Philip

Thanks Philip - I was going to post a similar link on the EU site - thanks for doing so - :)

Philip

Thank you but I am not asking for clarification.

I know how Samsara package works as I "actually cruised" and used Samsara.

My question is if anyone actually paid for Samsara dinner separately?

What is wrong in dining options comparison Princess Grand class/Costa?

Why "biased"?

You did not have those options on your Princess cruise or had more on your Costa cruise?

Please be more specific.

Thank you but I am not asking for clarification.

I know how Samsara package works as I "actually cruised" and used Samsara.

My question is if anyone actually paid for Samsara dinner separately?

What is wrong in dining options comparison Princess Grand class/Costa?

Why "biased"?

You did not have those options on your Princess cruise or had more on your Costa cruise?

Please be more specific.

Seriously, I give up... lol.

Philip

Okay CT -

I was on the NeoRomantica, we had Samsara booked for dinner, but as I said previously, I had been taken ill and we cancelled.

We also enquired on another day about lunch as we were planning massages etc at the spa - our Butler brought us a menu - but I decided against it as I had hoped the samsara restaurant would be like a spa restaurant on land - FOR EXAMPLE, when I go to Turnberry at home (A LUXURY 5* RESORT) we girls will book a spa day, and have lunch in between treatments in our spa robes. Apparently this is not the case with Samsara - To me, a Spa restaurant is one where one can wander in from a pool area, and do a lazy lunch. It didnt appeal to me at lunch to be all relaxed and in robes,(and all aromatherapy oiled up) and have to get dressed again for lunch to undress again to go back to the spa - hence why I gave lunch a miss..BUT it WAS an option.

So, answering your question, YES - we could at a surcharge, have both lunch and dinner in the Samsara - we were not in Samsara suites, we were in a (very nice might I add) S suite category.

The Costa website does make it clear that the Samsara restaurant is available to Samsara guests INCLUDED IN THE PRICE and without reservation which would imply (yes perhaps not so clearly) that it IS available to ALL guests, but with by reservation only and at a surcharge.

Guests we met, in a regular balcony cabin - paid and had dinner, in the Samsara. I am not sure if they had lunch - I didn't ask. The conversation only came about in general chit chat as they has been struggling for a table for two so had opted that evening, to go to the Samsara.

Hi,

I don't know if you can book Samsara restaurant if you do stay in a regular cabin instead of Samsara cabin or Suite. But neoRomantica doesn't have a À la carte Club Restaurant and this might be a reason, why everyone else can book a table there?

See the list:

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/before_board/dining/default.htm

Oh I have found this: *Lunch and dinner at the Samsara Restaurant are included in the price for Guests in the Samsara Cabins and Suites

http://www.costacruise.com/usa/costa_neoromantica.html

Hi,

I don't know if you can book Samsara restaurant if you do stay in a regular cabin instead of Samsara cabin or Suite. But neoRomantica doesn't have a À la carte Club Restaurant and this might be a reason, why everyone else can book a table there?

See the list:

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/before_board/dining/default.htm

Oh I have found this: *Lunch and dinner at the Samsara Restaurant are included in the price for Guests in the Samsara Cabins and Suites

http://www.costacruise.com/usa/costa_neoromantica.html

NeoR does have a Club restaurant - and very nice it is too;)

Okay CT -

I was on the NeoRomantica, we had Samsara booked for dinner, but as I said previously, I had been taken ill and we cancelled.

Thank you. What was the surcharge for Samsara dinner on the NeoRomantica?

And back to the topic.

The table you left your comment for is about "regular" Costa ships.

Any info on the changes in Samsara policy on Costa ships?

23gz040.jpg

And - to repeat myself

Brick wall - head - BANG! :rolleyes:

Okay, please can you add into your table - cost of drinks packages?

Personally I would much rather have a Cosmo than afternoon tea? Although Costa do offer a beautiful afternoon tea service albeit not served in a restaurant. Don't know about you, but when I am in my pool wear, last thing I want to do is get dressed to go and "do tea".

Are Princess offering an "all inclusive drinks package"?

(not a wine package, a full drinks package with spirits and cocktails included)

Throw that one into the equation?

19.5 Euro per day?? Costa wins hands down on the "bar tab".:D

And THAT is a big priority for many of us.

Thank you. What was the surcharge for Samsara dinner on the NeoRomantica?

And back to the topic.

The table you left your comment for is about "regular" Costa ships.

Any info on the changes in Samsara policy on Costa ships?

That would be your topic. Let's actually get back to the real topic.

I will start by saying that I haven't sailed on Costa before but will be in January on the Costa Victoria.

I've read all the negative reviews too and they are almost exactly the same as what I read about MSC before my cruise on the Divina this year. I always travel with an open mind, so never take reviews very seriously. I look more for factual information about the ship and ports. Most reviews on CC are written by Americans. Speaking in general terms, they are the biggest whingers...in my opinion. I have lots of friends in the US who are not like that but I've certainly come across more who are.

We had a great time on MSC and I'm expecting a similar experience on Costa.

Loved MSC's all inclusive drinks package and am looking forward to the same on Costa. Loved the variety of performers in the main theatre and am hoping for the same on Costa.

As for food, it is always subjective. I never cruise for food quality. I've never found any cruiseline food to be better than average at best. It's just not possible when catering for such huge numbers.

To me the best food experience is found off the ship. In port, I search to find good, authentic local cuisine and I'm then a happy traveller.

To me, cruising is about the sea, relaxation and hopefully meeting some interesting people. I'll do land vacations for anything else.

Philip, I'm sure you will enjoy your Costa cruise as will I.

Although Costa do offer a beautiful afternoon tea service albeit not served in a restaurant.

Afternoon tea was miserable.

Are Princess offering an "all inclusive drinks package"?

(not a wine package, a full drinks package with spirits and cocktails included)

Throw that one into the equation?

Drinks package is not a dining option:D

1. Drinks are not food.

2. Drinks package is a matter of price. Dining options are the matter of availability.

Sorry, I don't know if all inclusive drinks package is sold on Princess.

I have only been on one Costa cruise and we did not like it. Too many smokers, too many loud anouncements in 4 different languages. Food was terrible most of the time. Pizza was aweful. Pizza Hut has better pizza. Shall I go on.................:confused::confused::confused:

I have only been on one Costa cruise and we did not like it. Too many smokers, too many loud anouncements in 4 different languages. Food was terrible most of the time. Pizza was aweful. Pizza Hut has better pizza. Shall I go on.................:confused::confused::confused:

no need to go on. whenever i hear someone complain about too many languages, anything else they have to say is meaningless.

Edited by AnonymousCruiser69

Yes please do - somewhere else....:p

I dont see any point in going on. You travel abroad, leave home, and then complain about different languages being spoken around you and announced to cover many nationalities. What did you expect when you traveled to Europe?

Free advice. Next time you travel, dont leave the US and only use American liners with American itineraries.

Philip

Edited by phider

no need to go on. whenever i hear someone complain about too many languages, anything else they have to say is meaningless.

Too manu annoucements can be bad even if they are made in one language.

BTW, MSC is also Italian line, but I hardly remember any of them. Only in main theater we heard five languages spoken.

The way that I would go back on the Costa Cruise is if it was for free. Oh and I won't forget to bring my own pizza from Pizza Hut too. Happy sailing just not on Costa.

Aaaah, you like Pizza Hut? No wonder you don't like the food on Costa - it's real!!!! You obviously have no taste!