large vs small ships

JAKUEHNLE

I have been on the Marina 3 times, and Riviera once, If I book a cruise on the Nautica or Regatta, will I still be a happy cruiser? I have been on the R 3 or R4 before Renaissance went under and Oceania picked up one of the ships. Is the Terrace grill about the same? Or will I miss the grill area for breakfast and the steak and lobster in the evening. I like the food at Jacques, and am sure I would miss that. I could do with out visiting Red Ginger. What other things might I find lacking on the smaller ships?

Thanks for all the information I know I will receive, My first , and last cruise on HAL and their CC boards left a lot to be desired.:rolleyes:

John

While I am personally in love with the Riviera, I heard they have been refurbishing some of the R ships so that the Terrace Grill has barbeque. I believe you said you liked that. I love the R ships for their ambience, but personally I would miss the extra restaurants. That being said, I would love anything that O did and I hope you get opinions that are fair and balanced! LOL.

Cabins are smaller on the R-ships

Depends when you book whether there will be a grill & Barristas

I am guessing the ship will be the same as when it was REN with maybe some soft goods upgraded, there are some things they just acannot change ;)

No one can say if you will be a happy cruiser or not :confused:

I love both size of ships for different reasons

Lyn

Is the Terrace grill about the same? Or will I miss the grill area for breakfast and the steak and lobster in the evening. I like the food at Jacques, and am sure I would miss that. I could do with out visiting Red Ginger.

The 3 small R ships are being refurbished next year to add a grill to the Terrace Cafe, and a Baristas.

Although the R ships lack a Jacques and a Red Ginger, the main dining room's dinner menu features an entree from J and one from RG every night.

Here's more info about the refurb dates:

"The dry docks are scheduled from April 24 to June 6, 2014 with Insignia and Nautica being refurbished in Marseilles, France and Regatta in Vancouver, BC. The renovated Insignia will debut on May 8, 2014 in Barcelona for her 7-day Jewels of Europe cruise. This will be Insignia's first cruise after her two-year charter. Nautica will debut on May 16, 2014 in Civitavecchia for her 10-day Cliffs & Coves cruise and Regatta on June 7, 2014 in Vancouver for her 10-day Majesty of Alaska cruise. "

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/mediacenter.aspx

Archived