NOLA Drury info please

ddgg

I am traveling alone in Jan-Feb. I'm looking at the Drury Inn for the night before my cruise.

1. Is it a safe area for a woman alone to walk back and forth from Bourbon St? Day? Night?

2. I'm guessing approx. $35 from airport to hotel, or do they have a shuttle?

3. Shuttle or taxi to the port? How much is a taxi?

4. Does the Drury have a restaurant and bar? (I know about the 'happy hour')

Thanks for any help. There are so many hotel choices that I'm not sure which to pick, but the Drury has gotten some good reviews.

I am traveling alone in Jan-Feb. I'm looking at the Drury Inn for the night before my cruise.

1. Is it a safe area for a woman alone to walk back and forth from Bourbon St? Day? Night?

I would definitely not walk back and forth from Bourbon at night alone. During the day is fine. While the Drury is a good location, there is better for those that will only do things in the French Quarter or for those that want to get a real feel of the French Quarter (historically speaking, not the party scene). If I were single and going alone, I would stay smack in the middle of the French Quarter at a place like Bourbon Orleans or Place d' Armes

4. Does the Drury have a restaurant and bar? (I know about the 'happy hour'). No restaurant but they set up the breakfast buffet and the hot appetizers each day.

Thanks for any help. There are so many hotel choices that I'm not sure which to pick, but the Drury has gotten some good reviews.

I can try to answer two of your questions (see above)

2. I'm guessing approx. $35 from airport to hotel, or do they have a shuttle?

3. Shuttle or taxi to the port? How much is a taxi?

4. Does the Drury have a restaurant and bar? (I know about the 'happy hour')

1. i would say yes.....seemed safe to me

2.not sure

3.i can walk there with 2 rolling suitcases......straight down the street.

4.not sure about bar but i bought beers there and know there breakfast which is free is great!

I am staying here in a week and will take pictures and answer all your questions!

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at Drury and loved it. The hotel is very nice and in a great location (to walk down to the Riverwalk and everything).

I just thought I would share some pictures:

Lobby area

IMG_4782-M.jpg

This is also where they serve the dinner and breakfast

IMG_4781-M.jpg

Bedroom we had

IMG_4773-M.jpg

Bathroom area

IMG_4774-M.jpg

IMG_4775-M.jpg

A view from the roof top looking toward where the ships are in port (this is also where the pool and hot tub is located)

IMG_4778-M.jpg

Pool area

IMG_4779-M.jpg

As for walking, we felt safe and had our 3 year old with us. (Although we were in before it got dark because we didn't want to miss the free dinner and drinks that night).

I don't remember them having a shuttle and we were going to take a taxi from the hotel to the port (but then someone on our roll call offered to swing by and pick us up at the hotel). $35 from the air port to the hotel sounds about right from what I can remember.

There's a store 1 block from here too if you need to pick up soda or anything prior to the cruise.

They also have a soda machine that you can get free drinks during the day and they also have free popcorn (all located in the lobby). We came down and grabbed some to take up with us to watch a movie.

Archived