Premium Drinks Package

morts

My wife and I are off to the Greek Isles (Splender) in October. We enjoy a drink and have decided to take the Premium package. Does anyone know if the wine selection in this package is reasonable as we wouldn't want the choice range to be too small.

My wife and I are off to the Greek Isles (Splender) in October. We enjoy a drink and have decided to take the Premium package. Does anyone know if the wine selection in this package is reasonable as we wouldn't want the choice range to be too small.

The included wines are just the house wines by the glass. If you are wine drinkers primarily, buying a wine package, that allows you to buy 7 bottles at a reduced price, might be a better fit for you.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it but I understood the Wine package was for the dining room.

What I am interested in is in the bars. We like a variety of wines, say Pinot one night Sauvignon the next etc. Wouldnt want to be drinking a very limited selection for 7 days. We wouldnt expect a Chablis or Sancere in the package but if the "House" wines are varied thats fine.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it but I understood the Wine package was for the dining room.

What I am interested in is in the bars. We like a variety of wines, say Pinot one night Sauvignon the next etc. Wouldnt want to be drinking a very limited selection for 7 days. We wouldnt expect a Chablis or Sancere in the package but if the "House" wines are varied thats fine.

This recent thread will give you a better idea of the house wines.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1913076&highlight=house+wines

Looks like they offer a cabernet sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay, sparkling wine and beringer zinfandel. Brand seems to vary ship to ship.

I can assure you - the "house" wines would not please a sophisticated wine drinker. I'll pretty much drink any white wine - but the house wines were awful. So I would order Clos Du Bois Chardannay and have to pay like $12.00 for it.

I wasn't impressed with the house wine selection on the premium package on Jewel back in May. After the first day I switched to the stronger drinks that were included.

I would recommend against the premium package if your interest is in wine.

As for the wine packages, yeah they are for the dining room, but you can probably take the bottle with you after dinner. The couple at the table next to us did that every night. The waiter even put it in a plastic ice bucket for them.

you would think it would be easy to cater for wine drinkers

Depends on what kind of wine drinker you are.

My wife will drink just about anything that's on sale at the grocery store. On the other hand, while I wouldn't consider myself a wine snob, I am much more picky, and I very rarely enjoy house wines in general. I tried just about every red offered on the cruise. Besides the fact that they are served much to warm, they are lacking in flavor and bitter... not tannic, but actually bitter. A lot of that may be how they store their open bottles though.

Archived