Stingray excursion with 6 ships in port

michaelnixon

I will be aboard the Carnival Liberty when it visits Grand Cayman on December 5th. Also in port that day will be the Carnival Magic, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Jewel, Coral Princess, and Oceania Riviera. I really want to book a tour to interact with the stingrays; however, I am hesitant that the experience will be ruined with all of the people partaking in this excursion at the same time. Does anybody have any experience with a stingray excursion with so many ships in port?

Michael

If you go to http://www.cruisecal.com it will tell you what other ships are in port with you (just click on 'itinerary').

We used Capt Marvin and i'll tell you exactly what I hated about it- we got in early, at 8am, and they waited for three other ships to dock for other passengers from other ships that booked. So we didn't start out for Stingray City until 2 hours later. By the time we got there, there were so many boats and people and few rays.

My advice: book thru your cruiseline for this one, then you can be assured you'll leave at a set time. Or, book a private tour, join your cruise roll call, and try to fill up your tour with people from your ship.

Good luck! Oh, and Nativeway gets good reviews, too.

In late December there are always lots of ships in Grand Cayman ... the beginning of "high season" in the Caribbean.

Don't let the number of ships keep you from booking a stingray excursion.

You'll be fine and still have a good time. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Archived