Darts on Journey?

librarylady19

A recent review made mention of darts onboard. DH and I really like to play - where would we do so?

There is a board poolside, it's not often used but is also in an area with a lot of through traffic. Darts was not really very big at all on Azamara, I do not even recall any organised tournaments last time but that was on a port intensive trip so we were only onboard in the evenings

On the Journey last week, the table tennis table has moved to where the dartboard is next to the running track on deck 10. I don't recall anyone using the dartboard, but the table tennis table was in use.

That is how I remember it as well, which is why I suspect darts is not that popular, table tennis is very popular though

thanks for the responses. I was picturing more of a traditional darts in the pub type of thing :) Guess I will save that for our trip to London next month.

I'll challenge you to a match anyway. Winner buys the beer! (And after that, on to the shuffleboard. ;) )

librarylady19 and dln929

Not much use but for info Cunard has darts in the pub on QM2. I have not seen any mention of shuffleboard and deck quoits on Azamara. Pity as my OH is keen on both and darts. Perhaos someone will tell me I am wrong.

The shuffleboard is on the Sun deck (Deck 11) on both Quest and Journey - no idea how to play though:) - never seen deck quoits, but then most people use the sun deck for just that!

2irisheyes--on the Celebrity S class ships up on the lawn you can find an assortment of games. One is not exactly quoits but it does involve throwing a ring around a target. Fun even though I'm not especially good at it!

mara01--shuffleboard is easy to play. We learned how on our first cruise, on the Voyager of the Seas. When we're on the Quest this December, we start off with seas days and you will find me and the husband up on Deck 11 trying our hand at it. ;)

http://national-shuffleboard-association.us/rules.htm

Thanks for the tip re deck 11. It doesn't sound like they have organosed games though.

mara01 - it is a few months since we have been to the Stilebridge.

Small world - just around the corner from us! You have probably been more recently than we have!

Archived