Contacting a Hotel Manager by e-mail?

Cruisin Simon

We have been on more than 70 cruises and I have never needed to contact the hotel manager or any other staff on board. Just wondering why you would need to contact him.

I was also thinking the same.

Perhaps they are so important that they wish to inform the Hotel Director of their arrival.:rolleyes:

On one cruise, there was a large contingent of CC sailors and I was planning a 'real' meet and greet. I sent a message ahead to the HM to advise him of this and to be sure there were lots of nibbles. He got it by his own admission but never arranged the nibbles or champagne.

Miss M and Poppy,

I have managed to contact Karl via Seabourn's UK office and have received an incredibly quick reply from Karl.

He certainly sounds like he is on the ball.

Thanks for your help,

Simon :)

Karl was the Hotel Director on our Quest cruise last year - he is fantastic!

We had encountered a problem (let's leave it at that) which couldn't be solved by Seabourn's land based offices. So rather than wait until we boarded, we thought it more polite to contact the HM in advance and so give him the opportunity to resolve the issue ahead of time.

I am very grateful to Karl for his quick reply.

Simon:)

Simon

A tip.......I always request a vaporizer for my suite as it makes the air fresher. The Ex. Housekeeper places it under the chair (by the phone) so out of the way ~~makes a huge difference!:p

Mr. Karl is "Mr. Seabourn......" the very best Hotel Manager!

Martita B

Miss Martita,

Thank you very much for the tip, I'll ask if we can have one for our suite.

May I say that you have been my guiding light and inspiration on all things Seabourn since we started cruising with them 10 years ago. I always read your posts with great interest and have learned so much from you.

Best wishes,

Simon :):)

Simon

What kind words........as I'm still suffering neurophy and unable to travel thank you so much for 'liftin' me up!:p Hopefully I'll be able to sail Seabourn next year ~not internationally, unfortunatley ~but I still enjoy the Caribbean Islands.

Mother and I first sailed Seabourn in 2000 ~she was 89 and we enjoyed our "home", Suite 232, until she was 94! The sweet, dear waiters loved her, as she adored all of them. They would lean down and whisper in her ear, "what would you like Mama?......." I am writing a book, "How Much is Too Much....cruisin' with Mama."

Another 'lit tip for you......ask your dining room wine master for a complimentery glass of ice cold desert wine~~Yes, this is a well kept Seabourn secret!

Martita B

Miss Martita,

I am so sorry to hear that you aren't travelling so much at the moment. I really hope that some day I will have a chance to meet you in person, if not on a crossing (something I would love to do one day) then in the Caribbean.

Your mother sounds like she was an amazing lady.

You must let me know when you have finished your book, I reckon that you must know more about cruising and Seabourn than many of the crew!

Thanks for the tip about the ice cold desert wine, it sounds delicious!

Simon :):)

Another 'lit tip for you......ask your dining room wine master for a complimentery glass of ice cold desert wine~~Yes, this is a well kept Seabourn secret!

What do you mean by this? There's always sauterne, port, etc. available as dessert wine after dinner. Are you talking about something else?

A combination we had not encountered before, and learnt on ... ahem ... another line (Cunard) ... is a few pieces of crystallised ginger to go with that port. It is one of those very unlikely but sublime marriages. As most cruise ship restaurants keep a supply of crystallised ginger to counteract the effects of 'mal de mer' it is usually available. However, the staff did take a little more persuasion on Seabourn than on other lines! Worth asking though, if you enjoy port. And if you don't like the combination you haven't lost anything and don't have to have it again :D

Simon

A tip.......I always request a vaporizer for my suite as it makes the air fresher. The Ex. Housekeeper places it under the chair (by the phone) so out of the way ~~makes a huge difference!:p

Mr. Karl is "Mr. Seabourn......" the very best Hotel Manager!

Martita B

that has to be the funniest quote I have ever read on CC! :D And here I thought you kept your door open to let the smoke infiltrate the hallways, thus making your suite smell fresher! Maybe the vaporizer should have been left in the hallway for the benefit of other guests! :rolleyes:

Archived