Any free beaches in Nassau/Freeport

Peace2U

We will be in the Bahamas at the end of November. We just want to see some pretty beaches, not go to a resort or anything. Is there a cheap way to do this? Also, if there are no nice beaches in Freeport, we will go to Our Lucaya. What is the easiest way to do that then?

In Nassau, there is Junkanoo Beach and Cabbage Beach. Cabbage Beach is a lot prettier, I think. It is on Paradise Island so you'd need to take a taxi ($4 a person). You can rent chairs and buy drinks from the local vendors but there aren't any restrooms. Junkanoo Beach isn't as pretty but it is within walking distance of the port and has restrooms.

Lots of information about both of these beaches on this board.

In Nassau, there is Junkanoo Beach and Cabbage Beach. Cabbage Beach is a lot prettier, I think. It is on Paradise Island so you'd need to take a taxi ($4 a person). You can rent chairs and buy drinks from the local vendors but there aren't any restrooms. Junkanoo Beach isn't as pretty but it is within walking distance of the port and has restrooms.

Lots of information about both of these beaches on this board.

Thank you! We have been to Junkanoo beach and really want to see Cabbage Beach.

Enjoy!

Sometimes the waves at Cabbage Beach can be rough. But the water will probably be too cold for swimming at the end of November anyway - at least for us Floridians. :)

Yes, I think so. Luckily, I am not much of a swimmer. I just love feeling the sand on my feet and I take lots of pictures.

Archived