Anyone have any experience with In-Suite Specialty Restaurant Dining?

jvsnana

We are thinking of having a few specialty restaurant dinners served in our suite on our upcoming cruise.

We have only had Cagney's breakfast delivered to our suite and had mixed results concerning the temperature of the food.

Wondering about your results if you have had a full specialty dinner served in suite. Was it served all at once or in courses? How was the temperature of the food?

TIA :)

We have had Cagney's breakfast delivered to our suite with mixed results concerning the temperature of the food.

Wondering about your results..i.e. if you have had a full specialty dinner served in suite.

Yes, several times. Was just fine. Sorry yours wasn't.

We are thinking of having a few specialty restaurant dinners served in our suite on our upcoming cruise.

We have only had Cagney's breakfast delivered to our suite and had mixed results concerning the temperature of the food.

Wondering about your results if you have had a full specialty dinner served in suite. Was it served all at once or in courses? How was the temperature of the food?

Just curious if you told your butler that you were disappointed in the temperature of your breakfast food and had him redeliver it again at the proper temperature?

If food was still being delivered at the wrong temperature after that, I would alert the concierge and if the problem still persisted, I would alert the Hotel Director.

I have experienced many meals (breakfasts, lunches, dinners) in suites or the haven courtyard over my past cruises. Occasionally something is delivered at the wrong serving temperature, but when I ask them to try again, it is always set right.

We really enjoy in-suite dining, or outside by the pool dinners and breakfasts in the Haven.

I can have Italian, DH can have his steak, or whatever we each crave.

So far, the service has been very good and no complaints on the food quality or temps.

Although, on NCL, if there is a problem, they always seem to want to hear about it and fix the problem with no drama.

We really enjoy in-suite dining, or outside by the pool dinners and breakfasts in the Haven.

I can have Italian, DH can have his steak, or whatever we each crave.

So far, the service has been very good and no complaints on the food quality or temps.

Although, on NCL, if there is a problem, they always seem to want to hear about it and fix the problem with no drama.

GREAT TIP!

Ok…this will be our 15th NCL cruise and we have never had dinner in our suite. I never thought to order from 2 different speciality restaurants…what a great idea!

Glad to hear all went well.

How do your order meals to be delivered to your room or in the Haven Courtyard?

When dining in the room, the butler takes your order (any speciality restaurant or MDR) and delivers it to you and serves it to you.

When dining in the Haven Courtyard, the Courtyard Valet will take your order, deliver it and serve it to you in the Courtyard. He does Breakfast and Lunch from Cagney's and the Blue Lagoon. He would also call around and find out what soups are being served on the ship if I wanted soup.

When dining in the room, the butler takes your order (any speciality restaurant or MDR) and delivers it to you and serves it to you.

When dining in the Haven Courtyard, the Courtyard Valet will take your order, deliver it and serve it to you in the Courtyard. He does Breakfast and Lunch from Cagney's and the Blue Lagoon. He would also call around and find out what soups are being served on the ship if I wanted soup.

Sounds like heaven! I could get used to that! :) Only a few more weeks to wait and experience it myself!!

How do your order meals to be delivered to your room or in the Haven Courtyard?

Call your butler for Everything!!! - Even Pizza (they arrive faster)

We always request restaurant menus in our suite, and have the daily MDR menus delivered. There are usually restaurant menus on the tables in the courtyard.

Your concierge is also helpful with your shows and other reservations

Call your butler for Everything!!! - Even Pizza (they arrive faster)

We always request restaurant menus in our suite, and have the daily MDR menus delivered. There are usually restaurant menus on the tables in the courtyard.

Your concierge is also helpful with your shows and other reservations

If you are on a Jewel class ship that has a Haven Courtyard, the Courtyard Valet is the POC for Breakfast or Lunch in the Courtyard, not the Butler.

If you are on a Jewel class ship that has a Haven Courtyard, the Courtyard Valet is the POC for Breakfast or Lunch in the Courtyard, not the Butler.

What if we are on a Jewel class ship, but we're in an Owner's Suite--so that we have access to the Haven, but we're not directly connected to it (I think it's a different deck?)...? Do we still use the valet or can we just ask our butler...? :)

What if we are on a Jewel class ship, but we're in an Owner's Suite--so that we have access to the Haven, but we're not directly connected to it (I think it's a different deck?)...? Do we still use the valet or can we just ask our butler...? :)

If you want to dine in your room, you ask the butler. They will get the meal and serve it to you in your room.

If you want to dine in the Haven Courtyard, go to the Courtyard, give the Courtyard Valet your order and they will get the meal and serve it to you in the Courtyard.

In the Haven on the Breakaway (I'll be sailing on the Getaway), are there tables set up to have your meals if you don't want to eat in your cabin or in the restaurant for lunch?

Thank you.

I'll be in the Haven on the Getaway in August and I think I have a fair understanding on what I can do if I want food while in the Haven but, in March, I'll be in an OS on the Sky, much smaller and no Haven :(

We plan on having a meal in our OS one night and I guess I will let the butler know in advance. But, if we want lunch in our suite too, I guess the only place would be from Cagneys, can I ask the Butler to bring to our suite or do we need to go to Cagneys.

Thank you all very much!

In the Haven on the Breakaway (I'll be sailing on the Getaway), are there tables set up to have your meals if you don't want to eat in your cabin or in the restaurant for lunch?

Thank you.

My comments have been specific to Jewel Class ships. I'll have to let someone with experience on the Breakaway address this.

I'll be in the Haven on the Getaway in August and I think I have a fair understanding on what I can do if I want food while in the Haven but, in March, I'll be in an OS on the Sky, much smaller and no Haven :(

We plan on having a meal in our OS one night and I guess I will let the butler know in advance. But, if we want lunch in our suite too, I guess the only place would be from Cagneys, can I ask the Butler to bring to our suite or do we need to go to Cagneys.

Thank you all very much!

Your butler will bring you any meal in your suite from any restaurant that is open. You can even have your butler go to the buffet and bring you a list of the things you enjoy. With a butler, the sky is the limit on what can be done.

Your butler will bring you any meal in your suite from any restaurant that is open. You can even have your butler go to the buffet and bring you a list of the things you enjoy. With a butler, the sky is the limit on what can be done.

Interesting, thank you. I love a "bad" salad from the buffet (cheese, crutons, beans, etc.) and would be like Heaven if someone would get this for me and bring it back. Is this a request that is out of the ordinary, such as unpacking a suitcase?

Not sure if I would ask but it is something I would consider.

Thank you.

Interesting, thank you. I love a "bad" salad from the buffet (cheese, crutons, beans, etc.) and would be like Heaven if someone would get this for me and bring it back. Is this a request that is out of the ordinary, such as unpacking a suitcase?

Thank you.

After many cruises in suites with butlers, the best advice I can give you is just to ask. These are extremely professional people that do not have a problem letting you know what is out of bounds. Don't be embarrassed, just ask if you are uncertain if your request is not appropriate. The butler will let you know. Given how high their level of service is, more than likely they will do their best to make you a happy camper.

Thank you.

I wouldn't do it, but ... that's just me. IMO, ordering something from a restaurant is very different from having someone go to a buffet, make it for me, and then deliver it. Of course you can request it ....

I wouldn't do it, but ... that's just me. IMO, ordering something from a restaurant is very different from having someone go to a buffet, make it for me, and then deliver it. Of course you can request it ....

Type A person that I am in reality I dont think I could ask the Butler to do this for the simple fact I want to see what exactly is available and do it exactly as I want it. But, its nice to know that option is there :)

Archived