Suite to the Haven

Sam The Cat

I am sailing on the Gem in 2015 and am wondering if upgrading to the Haven is worth $1000.

There are only two of us and we have always sailed in a suite even an up sell to the Owners Suite on the Spirit.

So my questions is upsell to the Haven worth $1000 for a 9 day cruise Thinking it as a surprise to my GF knowing that we may never go back to a regular suite

I am sailing on the Gem in 2015 and am wondering if upgrading to the Haven is worth $1000.

There are only two of us and we have always sailed in a suite even an up sell to the Owners Suite on the Spirit.

So my questions is upsell to the Haven worth $1000 for a 9 day cruise Thinking it as a surprise to my GF knowing that we may never go back to a regular suite

Let me think about this for a minute......YES! I won't sail again in a regular old suite if there is a Haven on the ship!:cool:

DUH! $1000 for a 9 day upgrade to the Haven. Well worth it and hope your GF appreciates her surprise!

Have fun

Remember that a haven suite means you will have a Butler, Courtyard Valet, Courtyard Attendant, Haven Steward and Concierge that you will likely want to tip for their excellent service. Factor that in your cost decision. There are probably 1000s of threads on tipping that you can research if you have questions.

For myself, $1,000 difference between a regular suite and a Haven suite is not worth it. I don't care for the "indoor pool" atmosphere of the Jewel class Havens.

This

I can't tell if OP is already booked in a suite and is spending $1000 to get into the haven or if in a regular room and upgrading.

If you're already in a real suite (not a mini-suite), I wouldn't spend the money. There's no private restaurant and the haven on jewel class is small. You'll still get butler, concierge and breakfast and lunch in Cagney's. So no, if you're already in a suite, I don't think the haven is worth it. If you're in a balcony or below, heck yeah.

We sailed in a 2 bedroom, non-Haven suite on Gem. It was excellent and really got all the perks but the private pool area.

Thanks for all of your input. I am staying where we are I am already in a suite ( a actual suite) on floor 10 I will lose 150 OBC and the cost is $1600 more. I was going to to the Haven due to the fact that she was I think would be retiring the Dec before the cruise which she still may do but the extra cost and lost of 150 OBC not worth it We should be going to a cocktail party there so that will be enough until the next time

Thanks again to you all for your input

Booked the Haven today after much thinking and telling my traveling compainion that I was not going spend the money. Still have mixed feeling but this will be her retirement present since we went on the Spirit in the owner's suite whenI decided to retire but I am not telling her It was 1600 more less 250 that I already paid for my reservation for the suite that I had previously reserved

Archived