Book now using sale fare then...

NCTribeFan

I've never done this and I'm not sure it would work, but don't know why it wouldn't.

I almost booked Leg 2 of the Pride repo in December 2014 while I was on Fantasy a couple of weeks ago. But decided against it.

Well, the prices are down thanks to the "2014 Preview Sale." I normally sail in insides and when solo, usually in 1As, but there are so few on Spirit-class ships that none are showing up.

So I'm considering a splurge (for me) and going for a French Door cabin, since it's 8 days with 3 sea days.

Anyway, since there aren't many of those cabins, could I go ahead and book now to lock one in, then if the prices haven't increased in mid-November, cancel it right before I board Conquest and re-book onboard to get the future OBC?

Is there some "rule" that you cannot cancel and immediately re-book the same cruise? I know the fine print on some prices/fares/sales state that they're "new bookings only" and if you try to cancel and rebook, they won't let you do it (say you wanted to downgrade to a cheaper cabin category).

I may call my PVP tonight and ask but thought someone here may have done this.

Maybe I should've entitled this "ES Question" or "FTTF Question." Bet I would've had plenty of responses to one of those repeated over and over and over questions. :p

So maybe I'll just call my PVP tonight and see what he says. I'm just surprised that none of the expert bargain-hunters here have no replies. ;)

Archived