Glitch in res system or are we (almost) full

chfenton

Hadn't seen this before. Playing around with dates, I could book a party of 4 (2 adult and 2 kids) into a suite (looked at sky loft and crown loft) on the March 30th Allure sailing. Tried the same for April 13th and got a one line message in red that no staterooms were available. However, if I take out the 2 kids on the Apr 13th sailing and ask for just two adults the sky loft and crown loft are both available again? Anyone else ever see this? Thanks.

Not having sailed the Oasis or Allure it may have something to do with their reaching their capacity to have more then 3 to a room. It all has to do with the lifeboat capacities. They can only handle so many 3 or more to a room.

That doesn't make sense. The ships have lifeboat capacity, and then some, to accommodate if every single bed on the ship were filled. Maybe a particular muster station would be overcrowded though?

Are some suites within a same category only setup for 2 people versus 3 or 4? It's possible all "family" rooms have sold out for a particular date.

It is my understanding that "capacity" does not allow for all possible beds/sleeper sofas, pull downs etc to be occupied on any given cruise. The line assumes a large number of cabins will have only double (or even some single) occupancy even though you could physically sleep 3 or 4 in that room. The limit on the number of "souls on board" and "seats in lifeboats" does not equal the the max number of sleeping locations so the line can and does shut down 3rd and 4th person options. Read previous posts on them being denied...

It is my understanding that "capacity" does not allow for all possible beds/sleeper sofas, pull downs etc to be occupied on any given cruise. The line assumes a large number of cabins will have only double (or even some single) occupancy even though you could physically sleep 3 or 4 in that room. The limit on the number of "souls on board" and "seats in lifeboats" does not equal the the max number of sleeping locations so the line can and does shut down 3rd and 4th person options. Read previous posts on them being denied...

This makes sense. Plenty of availability if only two to a room but no more three or four to a room. Would also make sense that many rooms already have 3 or 4 people in them as this will be a large family week due to spring break. Computer must know that if you add up all the occupants of the sold cabins and have two people only in whatever inventory remains unsold, once all are sold you would be at capacity-hence for the remaining reservations only two to a room.

This makes sense. Plenty of availability if only two to a room but no more three or four to a room. Would also make sense that many rooms already have 3 or 4 people in them as this will be a large family week due to spring break. Computer must know that if you add up all the occupants of the sold cabins and have two people only in whatever inventory remains unsold, once all are sold you would be at capacity-hence for the remaining reservations only two to a room.

This is my understanding as well. There are many more beds than souls that can sail. This is done to allow those with more than 2 to pick various types of cabins, not limiting them to only specific ones.

How many times have you seen on these boards that someone wanted to add a 3rd or 4th to an exiting reservation and even though the room could hold them, there was no more space on the ship. Definitely seems to happen more on holiday weeks and considering the OP is talking big family vacation time, I am betting they are only booking cabins for 2 on that sailing. At least between now and final payment!

I only know that when we tried to book our daughter with us on one of our cruises next year, I was told they had reached their 3 to a room capacity, so if your Tender can handle say 200 people, and X number of rooms have two people totalling 180, that means they can only take 20 more people, so no more then 5 rooms with 4 people can be added or whatever combination equals 20 can be accomodated.

This is my understanding as well. There are many more beds than souls that can sail. This is done to allow those with more than 2 to pick various types of cabins, not limiting them to only specific ones.

How many times have you seen on these boards that someone wanted to add a 3rd or 4th to an exiting reservation and even though the room could hold them, there was no more space on the ship. Definitely seems to happen more on holiday weeks and considering the OP is talking big family vacation time, I am betting they are only booking cabins for 2 on that sailing. At least between now and final payment!

It's granular down to the muster station. A given cabin may not be able to add a third person to a room, but another cabin at the other end of the ship might be able to, simply because the muster station that the cabins are assigned to are different and one lifeboat is full, while another still has room.

It's granular down to the muster station. A given cabin may not be able to add a third person to a room, but another cabin at the other end of the ship might be able to, simply because the muster station that the cabins are assigned to are different and one lifeboat is full, while another still has room.

And in this particular case, no cabins in any class (suite, balcony, outside etc..) are taking any more than two people but all categories are available for two people. Obviously, RCCL would much prefer to sell another cabin with occupants 1 and 2 and those fares as opposed to having the remaining "souls available" slots be filled with 3rd and 4th fares in other cabins.

Archived