Capilano suspension bridge park

sheba2008

Hi,

question : we want to go to the suspension bridge the day before we board our cruise, i found out that we can take a complementry bus at canada place, my question is can we buy the tickets there or at the bridge? Can we pay with creditcard or cash?

I hope we can pay with card, don't like to exchange to much money for a few days.

Thanks

Linda

We were just at Capilano Sept 7 before boarding Sapphire Princess. Took a cab from our downtown hotel as we thought the bus would be too slow and we wanted to board around 1:30. Capilano was amazingly beautiful. It's a lot of walking if you aren't used to it though. We arrived around 9:45 and walked the whole place in about 2 1/2 hours. Decided to take the free shuttle back and it was almost as quick as a taxi. We bought our tickets online before going with a credit card but that isn't necessary. The lines aren't long and you can use a credit card.

We were just at Capilano Sept 7 before boarding Sapphire Princess. Took a cab from our downtown hotel as we thought the bus would be too slow and we wanted to board around 1:30. Capilano was amazingly beautiful. It's a lot of walking if you aren't used to it though. We arrived around 9:45 and walked the whole place in about 2 1/2 hours. Decided to take the free shuttle back and it was almost as quick as a taxi. We bought our tickets online before going with a credit card but that isn't necessary. The lines aren't long and you can use a credit card.

Thanks for the information, we can spend a whole day in the park, boarding cruiseship next day.

Looks like a very nice trip looking foward to it.

Thanks,

Linda

I'd recommend going early if you are at all apprehensive about crossing the bridge. I have a fear of heights but we were some of the first in the park (having taken the free bus from downtown which was great and they gave us free ponchos since it was drizzling slightly) and the bridge was more or less empty. I was able to proceed at my own speed and we got some great pictures. After an hour or so the tour groups begin to arrive and the bridge becomes a sea of humanity. It wasn't nearly as much fun crossing back over :eek:. We spent the morning there -- they do have a restaurant but it was packed so we just hopped on the free bus and went back into town for lunch.

What side is the restaurant on? Before the bridge or after it? I have an immense fear of heights and there is no way I will walk across the bridge but my husband will. Would be good if there was somewhere for me to have a coffee while he went walking.

The restaurant and gift shop are before you reach the bridge - take a look first and if you are still uneasy, then stay and wait for him to return.

Archived