8:30 pm Departure - When Can We Board?

frisbeewife

I just realized my Jan. 25, 2014, cruise on Jewel of the Seas is departing at 8:30 p.m. Does anybody know how early we'll be able to board the ship? I'm just wondering if I need to make plans to see if our hotel will keep our luggage and find something to do for the day.

Thanks!

I just realized my Jan. 25, 2014, cruise on Jewel of the Seas is departing at 8:30 p.m. Does anybody know how early we'll be able to board the ship? I'm just wondering if I need to make plans to see if our hotel will keep our luggage and find something to do for the day.

Thanks!

They usually start boarding before noon.

We were on about noon easily. Keep in mind, that you may want to use that time to see some local sites if you want. If you are leaving from San Juan, it could give you enough time to visit El Yunque or Old San Juan if you like. Because of the extended boarding time, I doubt there are long lines at any time. We found the boarding here to be extremely easy.

Board early, have lunch, drop of luggage in your room at 1 p.m., then leave ship, take taxi to Old San Juan, see the fort and shop in all the cool shops. Take taxi back to ship in time for dinner (by 7:30 p.m. at latest).

Makes for a great day!

You might want to check what time muster is before coming back so late.;)

We were on the Jewel a couple weeks ago. We arrived at the pier at 11:15 a.m. and from exiting the taxi to walking on the ship took all of five minutes. It was the fastest we have ever gone through check in. Lunch in the WJ opens at 11:30 and the rooms were available at 1:00.

We boarded at 11am, checked right in, and was having lunch in the Windjammer by 11:30am.

Even though the ship left at 8:30, all aboard was at 5pm, and the Muster Drill was at 5:30pm. (I am reading this directly from the Compass from our sailing.)

Our muster drill was held at 8:00 p.m.

There is nothing in walking distance. If you wanted to do anything, I'd do it on the way to the ship. Ships embark from the Pan American pier which is more commercial.

We boarded at 11am, checked right in, and was having lunch in the Windjammer by 11:30am.

Even though the ship left at 8:30, all aboard was at 5pm, and the Muster Drill was at 5:30pm. (I am reading this directly from the Compass from our sailing.)

We were on the August 24th sailing and our Muster was at 8.00PM. It looks like it might vary as I had also read one post which said there were two Musters. One at 5.30pm and one at 8.00PM. Captain James would not dismiss the Muster till everyone had been accounted for..........:)

We were on the August 24th sailing and our Muster was at 8.00PM. It looks like it might vary as I had also read one post which said there were two Musters. One at 5.30pm and one at 8.00PM. Captain James would not dismiss the Muster till everyone had been accounted for..........:)

We had Captain Thore back in May. And, we were the 1st or 2nd Southern Carib cruise for the Jewel. Perhaps that accounts for the different muster times? Captain Thore also didn't dismiss the Muster until all were accounted for.

According to the Jewel Compass from May 18 2013; there is a muster at 5:30 and it is listed again at 8 pm as "For guests who arrived after 5:30 PM"

I don't know if you have the option of attending either if you check in and then go off to explore. But they can't make you go if you aren't' there and then you can go at 8 to cover your obligation to attend.

When the ship was at the pier in OSJ, it was nice to get off and explore, its a little more complicated now that its the Pan American Pier because you really can't walk easily!

I don't think that would happen, but in any case, you are required to go to muster.

I wouldn't think so either. Our prevous 2 times out of SJ muster was at 5:30 and only the1 but some on this thread said only 1 at 8:00. Maybe they just missed the earlier one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

When we sailed out of the Pan American Pier a few years ago we boarded the ship at 11 - 11:30, ate lunch, dropped off our carry-ons as soon as our cabins were open and took a cab to OSJ for a Segway tour we had booked for 1:30 PM. We had a great time and were back in plenty of time for Muster. The ship did have two musters but i don't remember the times.

Archived