Would you buy an unlimited non-alcoholic beverage package

jillmom2

I copied this below from the Celebrity cruise page...why can't Carnival offer something like this...I don't drink soda much and I don't drink enough alcohol to make the unlimited alcohol package worth while especially if both my husband and I have to purchase it....However I do enjoy specialty coffee, and teas, non-alcoholic frozen drinks...smoothies etc. and I am willing to pay a lot more than the endless bubbles package costs....then I would just buy alcoholic drinks as I go...Would anyone else go for this?

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

*Starting from: 18.00 USD Per NIGHT

Not worth it for us. We bring on the soda we drink and are otherwise satisfied with tea, lemonade and water. Of the 4 of us DD will buy only 2-3 frozen non-alcohol drinks during the week. DH and I both only buy 3-4 alcoholic drinks during the week. DS doesn't purchase any drinks. Only you can judge if it is worth it to you.

I copied this below from the Celebrity cruise page...why can't Carnival offer something like this...I don't drink soda much and I don't drink enough alcohol to make the unlimited alcohol package worth while especially if both my husband and I have to purchase it....However I do enjoy specialty coffee, and teas, non-alcoholic frozen drinks...smoothies etc. and I am willing to pay a lot more than the endless bubbles package costs....then I would just buy alcoholic drinks as I go...Would anyone else go for this?

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

I would absolutely buy one! I can't drink alcohol due to the medication I'm on. However, DH would love to have the Cheers program.

I wouldn't. I don't drink coffee. I drink maybe 2-3 cans of pop in a week. I bring a filtered water bottle. I tend to drink the wine I bring on, beer, foo foo drinks, juice at breakfast, iced tea or hot tea.

I also don't drink enough alcohol to make cheers worth it so I'm pretty sure any drink packages aren't going to make financial sense for me.

My DW and I enjoyed that package very much on our last cruise. It was a Baltic cruise with long days on shore. It allowed us each to take a large bottle of water right as we were exiting the ship for the day. They charge like $8 for those alone. On the sea days, mornings and evening I used it for things like PowerAde Zero, hot chocolate, real fresh squeezed OJ (instead of the stuff that comes out of the big tank) and bottled water. DW used it frequently for cokes, hot chocolate, fresh squeezed juice, bottled water and such. It certainly paid for itself for us. Neither of us are coffee drinkers and we will have some occasional alcohol, but not enough to get close to making Cheers pay.

I am not sure Carnival's NA drink selection, not to mention weather that isn't hot chocolate friendly, would make it as worthwhile for us on our upcoming Carnival cruise.

For me, it wouldn't be worth it. For a seven day cruise, it would cost $126. Four of those seven days would be spent in port for the most part. I would rather pay for just what I drink. I have no idea of what the frozen non-alcoholic drinks cost but the sodas/pops are only a couple of bucks. That would mean that I'd have to drink 60 or so sodas to break even. Even at $3 a soda, that would mean over 40. I would never drink that many in a week.

I may or may not depending on the trip. But whether or not I would, I think not would, it would be a great offering, and probably a win/win for Carnival and guests alike.Without the program, I paid for 2 lattes, a Perrier and a Pelligrino on my last cruise, way less than $18/day. but if it were unlimited,Ii might bite the bullet and do it! Before I all but eliminated sugar from my diet, I most definitely would have. The kids would love it!

Found this article this morning. The only issue I have with it is coffee drinks and bottled water are NOT included. We did the premium beverage package on Celebrity Reflection and loved it. Between the coffee, bottled water and the wines by the glass at lunch and dinner it paid for itself. Tried to post a link and that didn't work, just google Carnival cheers beverage program and another cruise website comes up and gives all the details about the program.

I would not buy it.

I cannot have caffeine and I watch my calories closely.

Plus I don't drink coffee.

On a cruise it is water and decaf hot tea for me as that is all there is.

But I'm used to it...just try to find no caffeine no sugar drinks in restaurants.

All they have is water generally.

I wouldnt buy it. dont drink enough pop, water i can get out of the machine or faucet for free, dont drink coffee, tea, smoothies etc. waste for me

Archived