Suite/Balcony Room

rhinomike

We are thinking about booking a 13 days Mediterranean Cruise on the NCL Spirit in June. It is me, my wife and our 4 boys (Ages 13 to 18). The Spirit does not have many options as far as connecting cabins. We really want connecting cabins with a door between them. It also does not have a suite big enough for all 6 of us.

They do have a Penthouse Suite connecting to a balcony cabin for our 4 kids. My question is this..... Can my kids get the perks of the suite since we are getting connecting cabins? The Penthouse Suite holds 3. So I know 3 of us are good. But what about my other 3 sons? Thank You.

We are thinking about booking a 13 days Mediterranean Cruise on the NCL Spirit in June. It is me, my wife and our 4 boys (Ages 13 to 18). The Spirit does not have many options as far as connecting cabins. We really want connecting cabins with a door between them. It also does not have a suite big enough for all 6 of us.

They do have a Penthouse Suite connecting to a balcony cabin for our 4 kids. My question is this..... Can my kids get the perks of the suite since we are getting connecting cabins? The Penthouse Suite holds 3. So I know 3 of us are good. But what about my other 3 sons? Thank You.

The Spirit is different when it comes to suites and not too many options. So you might be able to negotiate something. Try contacting your PCC and see what could be worked out. Never hurts to ask!

Good luck!

They have Balcony Cabins that connect. But they only have 2 person cabins that connect to 3 person cabins. They won't allow us to get a rollaway. Kind of strange.

Interesting. I know you want connecting rooms but what about a balcony and an inside room directly across the hall?

• 3 weeks later...

As if now we are booked with 2 inside staterooms. Flight is booked too. Non refundable. So there is no backing out now. Lol.

I am thinking about upgrading to the suite with the connecting balcony cabin for the kids. Still wondering about the suite perks. I guess the only perks would be meals at Cagneys and priority tendering. I think we only tender at one port so that might not be an issue.

So will it be a problem with my 3 kids in the balcony room eating at Cagneys with us?

As if now we are booked with 2 inside staterooms. Flight is booked too. Non refundable. So there is no backing out now. Lol.

I am thinking about upgrading to the suite with the connecting balcony cabin for the kids. Still wondering about the suite perks. I guess the only perks would be meals at Cagneys and priority tendering. I think we only tender at one port so that might not be an issue.

So will it be a problem with my 3 kids in the balcony room eating at Cagneys with us?

See this thread from yesterday: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1924311

The bottom line is it *might* or *might not* happen. The only way to guarantee it is to separate yourselves and book two suites, otherwise you are strictly at the mercy of the concierge on board. Priority tendering shouldn't be a problem, it's just meals in the suite venue that most likely will be.

Robin

Hi Rhinomike, my family just did the NCL Hawaiian cruise in July and we had a penthouse connected to a balcony cabin. We all shared the same suite perks, including breakfast and lunch in Cagney's. It was never a problem.

Great. That is what I was hoping to hear. I can't decide if I want to upgrade or not. But if my 3 teenage kids in the balcony cabin can get the perks with us then I will. I wish the spirit just had a suite that would hold all of us.....

We are also booked on the Spirit in June (on the 23rd). I have my husband and teen son in the balcony cabin and my two daughters and I in the penthouse. I agree with you, it would be nice to have all of us in one suite! But the connecting door worked fine for us before. You can't connect the balconies on NCL so it was easy to just walk between the cabins. I highly recommend booking a penthouse, if you can. The perks are well worth it! And I hear that on the Spirit it also includes priority seating at the shows.

We are also booked on the Spirit in June (on the 23rd). I have my husband and teen son in the balcony cabin and my two daughters and I in the penthouse. I agree with you, it would be nice to have all of us in one suite! But the connecting door worked fine for us before. You can't connect the balconies on NCL so it was easy to just walk between the cabins. I highly recommend booking a penthouse, if you can. The perks are well worth it! And I hear that on the Spirit it also includes priority seating at the shows.

You will be getting on as we are getting off the ship.

Did they let your kids in the balcony cabin get the suite perks with you like eating at Cagneys for breakfast and lunch or priority tendering or reserved show seats?

Hi we were in 9212 in August. This suite may not work for you as it is surrounded by other suites. It is a aft facing penthouse with 2 separate rooms. It sleeps 3. There is a fairly large inside room around the corner that could sleep 4.

The perks included Cagney's for breakfast and lunch, priority seating at shows, priority embarkation, disembarkation. Dinner reservations at all restaurants , the treats, access to the DVD library.

As others have said, I do not think you would know if the others may benefit from the perks.

The biggest perk we found was the priority disembarkation. We had private tours booked and all of our drivers commented on how pleased they were that we were off the ship literally first. This was especially helpful in Athens, Izmir, and Rome. We were able to beat the crowds at the major sites. Nice! There were 4 of the 6 or somedays 8 who had suite perks. Yahira, the concierge took all of us off ship. Also, she made reservations in the Garden restaurant for the evening we returned from Mykonos. That night was a mad house everywhere due to the later sailing time. She was outstanding, by the way.

The price of suites continued to drop for our sailing, but On others the suites were sold out.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments. Thank you, Cotswold Eagle for that link to the local history. I enjoyed it very much. We enjoyed it so much there, we will most likely return in a few years. If we are lucky!

So before I call tomorrow and upgrade to the suite with the connecting balcony I want to contact the concierge and see if my 3 kids will be able to eat at Cagneys with us and get priority debarkation at the ports. And what will the charge be if any.....

So how do I contact the concierge on the Spirit? Is there more than 1 concierge for the suites?

Since you book each cabin under an adult (age 21+) that will put you and two sons in one room and your wife and two sons in the other. Since you are all under one last name and with connecting rooms, I can't imagine any issues with sharing the suite benefits. Especially since we just did it that way. I don't know how to contact the concierge in advance, or if it would be the same person in June, but you could always ask when you call to upgrade your rooms. I remember asking the same thing when I booked our rooms on the Spirit (the cruise right after yours):)

So before I call tomorrow and upgrade to the suite with the connecting balcony I want to contact the concierge and see if my 3 kids will be able to eat at Cagneys with us and get priority debarkation at the ports. And what will the charge be if any.....

So how do I contact the concierge on the Spirit? Is there more than 1 concierge for the suites?

I'm pretty sure the concierge (if you can even find a way to contact them before sailing) would never commit to this ahead of time, any decisions would be done on the spot on the ship, no guarantees. I just posted on the other thread that I found two suite-to-suite connecting combinations that would work for you - the SE to SE connecting all the way forward on deck 10. If these aren't available on your sailing, you may have to look at alternate dates to guarantee suite perks for all.

Robin

On our sailing there was one concierge(Yahira). About 50 days out or so you will get a letter with contact information for services in Miami. You can then make requests. Supposedly this is passed on to the ship. The options listed have to do with pillows, coffee etc.

I am not sure about the ones you have listed, though. Yahira was wonderful, but who knows if she will be there next year.

Archived