Ti Kaye or Pitons/Snorkel?

gryffin123

I'm trying to decide what to do in St. Lucia. I know for sure that we want to spend the day doing water activities and not land activities. Our port day is a Sunday, so that is limiting options a bit.

I was planning to do the afternoon Celebrity cruise to the Pitons which is followed by snorkeling at Anse Mamin before returning to the ship. In the morning, we could do a whale watch or visit Pigeon Island.

However, after reading about Ti Kaye, I'm wondering about spending the day there instead, doing the Discover Scuba course and then relaxing/snorkeling/kayaking the rest of the day. (We were originally planning to do Discover Scuba in Aruba with Celebrity.)

Any thoughts? We've never been to St. Lucia. We want to spend as little time on tour buses as possible.

I'm trying to decide what to do in St. Lucia. I know for sure that we want to spend the day doing water activities and not land activities. Our port day is a Sunday, so that is limiting options a bit.

I was planning to do the afternoon Celebrity cruise to the Pitons which is followed by snorkeling at Anse Mamin before returning to the ship. In the morning, we could do a whale watch or visit Pigeon Island.

However, after reading about Ti Kaye, I'm wondering about spending the day there instead, doing the Discover Scuba course and then relaxing/snorkeling/kayaking the rest of the day. (We were originally planning to do Discover Scuba in Aruba with Celebrity.)

Any thoughts? We've never been to St. Lucia. We want to spend as little time on tour buses as possible.

Pitons. Hands down. Consider Spencer Ambrose's Beach Break tour. It's an all day beach break by boat to the Pitons - about 5 hours on the beach there, you can snorkel, swim, enjoy the beach, etc. The reefs and sea in this area are part of the marine reserve and the snorkeling is excellent. Includes lunch and drinks, etc. Worth checking into. It's St. Lucia - the Pitons are what puts us on the map - a trip to see them is worth it!

Enjoy your visit.

Archived