Key west @ 7:30 am

camarowesley

One important thing to consider is whether you are talking about 7:30 AM Key West time, or 7:30 AM ship's time. For example, if you are cruising out of New Orleans or Galveston... 7:30 AM ship's time would be 8:30 AM Key West time.

If you are cruising out of Tampa, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, New York, etc... ship's time and Key West time would be the same.

Last time I was in Key West at 7:30 am, I got to watch store owners hose off the greets. :p

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The three times we've been to Key West many of the businesses/ bars/ shops opened between 9 and 10 AM. It appears that that 'laid back island vibe' that is the Key West lifestyle extends to the business community as well. Of course, it may be that they make it a point to open up earlier when there are ships in port.

In any case, you'll be IN Key West.............. and the ISLAND will be open.

I hope you have a GREAT time!:D

Go to the Blue Heaven for breakfast. Most wonderful place ever!!!

We stayed on the ship and ate breakfast. Then got off about 9:15 a.m. We went to the Customs House/Key West Art and History Museum. Then we took the City View Trolley. Got off at the Butterfly Conservatory for a tour, got back on the Trolley for the rest of the tour of the island. Then got off at Kermit's Key Lime Shoppe for some wonderful homemade ice cream which we enjoyed in the courtyard of the shoppe. Then back on the trolley to Mallory Square. Got back on the ship for lunch.

We ate their once (land based vacation) and it was good but I'm not sure it was as good as the price.

I did feed a chicken part of my omelet which seems kinda strange but the chicken (or rooster) loved it.

We had breakfast ashore as well. It's nice to enjoy a meal away from the ship's crowds. There were maybe 2-3 other tables taken.

I know that the ship serves free breakfast, but how often can you enjoy an alfresco breakfast in Key West?

Is Blue Heaven the place very close to the Southern Most Point? Next to a resort and right on the ocean facing Cuba?

Not the place.

I'm not sure if they're open for lunch but if so, order (phone first) Paella at El Siboney to go along with some very good Sangria.

We arrive in Key West at 7:30 am as well. We are coming in on the Carnival Imagination. We are renting an electric car and they are opening early that day because of the early arrival of the ship.

Just head off the ship at 7:30 and it will feel like you have he whole town to yourself

Exactly what I was thinking, LOL. I couldn't imagine getting up that early to get off the ship, I hate that they do that, but county ordinance requires that the ship sails before sunset.

Then how do you explain after dark departures when you are on Ecstasy? That ship is there noon to 8 p.m.. It's dark when the time changes back to standard time. I've watched full sunsets there and the night activities before returning to the ship.

Exactly what I was thinking, LOL. I couldn't imagine getting up that early to get off the ship, I hate that they do that, but county ordinance requires that the ship sails before sunset.

Sailing before sunset only applies to Mallory Square pier.

Mike:)

Sailing before sunset only applies to Mallory Square pier.

Mike:)

We docked at Mallory Square and our ship was there until 8 pm. We missed the Sunset Celebration deal all together because we were having so much fun at Capt. Tony's. Went in late afternoon, next thing you know it was totally dark out. We did not miss the ship, so I know we sailed out late. 8 pm I believe. Disney Magic.

Archived