Problems with the POA Deck Plans and NCL Representatives

Midnight Blue

We leave next week, and NCL just called my TA with an "update" on our room config. We were originally booked in an SD, and upgraded to the SA, room 9000. I didnt realize 9500 and 9000 received any modifications other than carpet and such. Below was the info NCL passed on to my TA. Seems the same as its been...wonder why the call to inform me of "new configurations"?

Norwegian called to make sure you were aware of the room set up for your suite as these are new configurations. Your room has a king in the master bed room and convertible beds in the other room. There is also a Pullman bed. There is a door to separate the master bed room but only a curtain for the other bedroom. There are 2 baths. 1 bathroom has a tub/shower and the other just has a shower. The room is 509 Square Feet and has a 98 Square Foot Balcony.

My guess is that you received a call to tell you about the "new configuration" to be sure you understand that these suites do NOT have two truly separate bedrooms. As indicated in the message from your TA, there is one bedroom that has an actual door. The second "bedroom" is a bed in the main suite area with a curtain that pulls across the room. There's been a lot of unhappiness about NCL describing a suite like this as "2 bedroom." It's not a new configuration -- but I suspect it is NCL trying to clean up it's really poor descriptions of the suites on the website that have confused and misled so many folks. Unfortunately, it sounds like even more confusion is being thrown into the mix by the NCL rep describing this as a "new configuration."

When you return from your cruise, please let us all know what's been done to your suite so that we have eyewitness, accurate information. And have a wonderful vacation!

I haven't been on Norwegian boards for a few months but thought I'd check to see if anyone else received a call regarding the POA. This morning, I received a phone call from NCL who wanted to explain to me what my room looks like and contains. I thought it odd since my sailing isn't until 2015. Now I know why I received the call.

We leave next week, and NCL just called my TA with an "update" on our room config. We were originally booked in an SD, and upgraded to the SA, room 9000. I didnt realize 9500 and 9000 received any modifications other than carpet and such. Below was the info NCL passed on to my TA. Seems the same as its been...wonder why the call to inform me of "new configurations"?

Norwegian called to make sure you were aware of the room set up for your suite as these are new configurations. Your room has a king in the master bed room and convertible beds in the other room. There is also a Pullman bed. There is a door to separate the master bed room but only a curtain for the other bedroom. There are 2 baths. 1 bathroom has a tub/shower and the other just has a shower. The room is 509 Square Feet and has a 98 Square Foot Balcony.

trintrav does this mean that there's no curtain for the master but a door now or is the king size bed now in that back room? We didn't get a call from NCL. See you next Saturday, deburn

And so, here's my issue:

I'm booked in 12006 (the Deluxe Owner's Suite) for the POA November 16 cruise. When I booked the room, the website description said that after the refurbishment, the suite would have two full bedrooms, one with a king bed and one with 2 twins. The floorplan, however, showed only 1 bedroom. The NCL rep I spoke with seemed very uncertain about whether it was one bedroom or two, but kept pointing to the website description which said 2 bedrooms. I called NCL a couple of times after that to try to get clearer information. Each time, the reps became very confused, but in the end, retreated to the fact that the website clearly says 2 bedrooms.

Final payment on the cruise has come and gone. Just a couple of days ago, I noticed on the NCL website that if I look up that room through my reservation, it says the suite is two full bedrooms, but if I act like I'm booking a new sailing, it says the suite is only 1 bedroom. My partner called NCL to try to find out which was correct. After a long wait, the rep finally came back on the line and said the suite is only 1 bedroom. After discussing the issue, my partner called NCL again to express our unhappiness because we were told multiple times before final payment that it would be two bedrooms (there are 3 of us traveling together). This time, the phone rep said we were "informed of what we were getting when we booked" and that NCL would do nothing for us. In fact, we were not informed about what we were getting because the NCL reps were so confused and always, in the end, relied on the website description. There are no adjoining rooms available on that cruise and nothing else remotely comparable we could move to. And we cannot change our plane tickets and work schedules to move to another week at this point.

This is my first NCL cruise, and I'm not impressed with the way the company is handling this -- especially given how much I've paid for this particular suite on this cruise. I'm not looking for a refund -- hell, I'd take a plate of the infamous chocolate dipped strawberries -- I'd just like to see some evidence that NCL realizes they've made a mistake that has, in fact, inconvenienced the people they are supposed to care about -- their passengers.

There were four DOS suites..the outside 2 suites have one bedroom and inside or in between them the suites have 2 bedrooms. Sorry to hear about your experience...I found this out because I was looking to book a DOS suite and the description on the site is a little confusing, so I did a little extra research.

And so, here's my issue:

I'm booked in 12006 (the Deluxe Owner's Suite) for the POA November 16 cruise. When I booked the room, the website description said that after the refurbishment, the suite would have two full bedrooms, one with a king bed and one with 2 twins. The floorplan, however, showed only 1 bedroom. The NCL rep I spoke with seemed very uncertain about whether it was one bedroom or two, but kept pointing to the website description which said 2 bedrooms. I called NCL a couple of times after that to try to get clearer information. Each time, the reps became very confused, but in the end, retreated to the fact that the website clearly says 2 bedrooms.

Final payment on the cruise has come and gone. Just a couple of days ago, I noticed on the NCL website that if I look up that room through my reservation, it says the suite is two full bedrooms, but if I act like I'm booking a new sailing, it says the suite is only 1 bedroom. My partner called NCL to try to find out which was correct. After a long wait, the rep finally came back on the line and said the suite is only 1 bedroom. After discussing the issue, my partner called NCL again to express our unhappiness because we were told multiple times before final payment that it would be two bedrooms (there are 3 of us traveling together). This time, the phone rep said we were "informed of what we were getting when we booked" and that NCL would do nothing for us. In fact, we were not informed about what we were getting because the NCL reps were so confused and always, in the end, relied on the website description. There are no adjoining rooms available on that cruise and nothing else remotely comparable we could move to. And we cannot change our plane tickets and work schedules to move to another week at this point.

This is my first NCL cruise, and I'm not impressed with the way the company is handling this -- especially given how much I've paid for this particular suite on this cruise. I'm not looking for a refund -- hell, I'd take a plate of the infamous chocolate dipped strawberries -- I'd just like to see some evidence that NCL realizes they've made a mistake that has, in fact, inconvenienced the people they are supposed to care about -- their passengers.[/quote

And so, here's my issue:

This is my first NCL cruise, and I'm not impressed with the way the company is handling this -- especially given how much I've paid for this particular suite on this cruise. I'm not looking for a refund -- hell, I'd take a plate of the infamous chocolate dipped strawberries -- I'd just like to see some evidence that NCL realizes they've made a mistake that has, in fact, inconvenienced the people they are supposed to care about -- their passengers.[/quote

Sorry..thinking about a different ship

There were four DOS suites..the outside 2 suites have one bedroom and inside or in between them the suites have 2 bedrooms. Sorry to hear about your experience...I found this out because I was looking to book a DOS suite and the description on the site is a little confusing, so I did a little extra research.

No, there's only one of the kind of suite I booked on the ship, which is 12006 -- the correct, full name is Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (my bad). For months, the web site said it was a one bedroom before September 7, 2013 but that after September 7, 2013 it would have two full bedrooms, which is not the case. The other similar sounding suites are either Deluxe Family Suites or Owner's Suites with Large Balcony. Both are smaller than the suite I have reserved. I think this is really part of the problem -- the names of the suites are very similar and it can get confusing.

Good Afternoon,

We apologize for any confusion related to the new suites and stateroom descriptions on board Pride of America. In an effort to clarify the descriptions, we updated all of them on our site at: http://www.ncl.com/content/pride-america-suite-details.

For those currently booked, if you have any questions about your reservation or suite, please email: rdteam@ncl.com.

Thank you and have a great day,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations Department

I have sent an email to the above listed email address and have received no response to my concerns.

I sincereley hope our emails do not go ignored. Awaiting a reply for NCL.

I have sent an email to the above listed email address and have received no response to my concerns.

I sincereley hope our emails do not go ignored. Awaiting a reply for NCL.

I also wrote that email address and have received no response. NCL, please don't make a bad situation worse.

I wrote to them on the 3rd still no response . I wrote to them again yesterday . I'm beginning to believe they will not respond .

Why post a link on here if no one is going to respond to the email from your clients NCL? In my opinion that further damages an already bad situation. I'm definitely getting the impression that NCL is not interested in our concerns regarding their mishandling of the suite/cabin issues .

Interested to see if anyone here has gotten a response from them .

Cindy

Do we know if anyone has sailed in any of the Deck 13 cabins yet? Would be nice to see some real comments and photos from people who have experienced the new cabins.

I have pictures of cabin 13000 and 13002 that I received from NCL. I will try to share them here .image.jpg.66683383a121b890ed46284b7661d419.jpg this picture is of cabin 13002

I'm having trouble uploading but cabin 13002 has a curtain that wraps around the king size bed . There is no bedroom . The Murphy bed in that cabin is right on the side of the king size bed .

Cabin 13000 does have an actual bedroom unlike 13002 that does not have an actual bedroom . NCL's description of 13002 says bedroom .

The balcony picture is of balcony for cabin 13500 .

Edited by bbbyqueen

I have pictures of cabin 13000 and 13002 that I received from NCL. I will try to share them here .[ATTACH]289284[/ATTACH]

I'm having trouble uploading but cabin 13002 has a curtain that wraps around the king size bed . There is no bedroom . The Murphy bed in that cabin is right on the side of the king size bed .

Cabin 13000 does have an actual bedroom unlike 13002 that does not have an actual bedroom . NCL's description of 13002 says bedroom .

The balcony picture is of balcony for cabin 13500 I believe .

This is 13000

image.jpg.1e90024150f0c0f1e00cbe56c774fcdc.jpg

Do we know if anyone has sailed in any of the Deck 13 cabins yet? Would be nice to see some real comments and photos from people who have experienced the new cabins.

image.jpg.8f76ae53dc701e1e23d348ae07f4f396.jpg this is cabin 13000 bedroom

Edited by bbbyqueen

I have pictures of cabin 13000 and 13002 that I received from NCL. I will try to share them here .[ATTACH]289284[/ATTACH]

The balcony picture is of balcony for cabin 13500 I believe .

Everytime I've looked at those pictures with the curtain that gets pulled around the bed, it makes me think of a hospital room. I wonder if a sponge bath is included.

Sorry about multiple posts I was having trouble getting all the picture attached in one post so I had to do them seperatly . I hope they helped .

Thank you for posting.

On the sailing I'm on, 12/7, three of the four SE suites overlooking the pool are still available less than 60 days out. Prices for these cabins have gone down about $1,000 per person from when they were first offered.