Breeze Destination help

girlie3723

Hello,

I am comparing two CCL offers. Both on the Breeze which appears new.

I am traveling in December.

Which route would you recommend?

FL - Cozumel - Belize - Isla Roatan - Costa Maya; or

FL - Grand Turk - San Juan - St Marteen - St Thomas.

Price and dates are equal.

Which one do you think would be better? I have cruised to St Marteen and St Thomas and they were beautiful. Ih ave not been to any other ports.

Thanks!!!

I personally prefer the western route over the eastern. The ports on the eastern are beautiful, don't get me wrong, but they all look alike. Same touristy stuff, different port. However, the western ports are all competely different and have a larger variety of excursions and experiences to be had, IMHO. I don't think you can go wrong on either, they are just two totally different experiences.

Hi all!

That would be a tough decision for me too! I did the 1st one you mentionned in April & liked it enough that I would do it again. I love Cozumel & Costa Maya plus the ruins & beautiful beaches at the other 2 places. I didn't get pestered by anyone & thought those places were more developed than some others I've visited.

I really like San Juan, lots of history there & haven't been to Grand Turk yet so that would be appealing too.

Let us know what you decide on please.

~ Jo ~ :)

Not narrow minded at all. If I want to visit third world countries I would have join the peace corp and not paid for the vacation. Sick and tired of everyone trying to get my money including the government

I am with you. Our first cruise had engine trouble and we had to go to Cozumel and Costa Maya. Never again!

Hello,

Which one do you think would be better? I have cruised to St Marteen and St Thomas and they were beautiful. Ih ave not been to any other ports.

Thanks!!!

Truly, I think since you have done Eastern, I would go with an itinerary that you have not done yet...

If you snorkel, Roatan is the place to go (never had anyone do anything but try to make a living), the island is beautiful with it sitting right on top of the 2nd greatest barrier reef so you can snorkel from the West End Beach.

Cozumel I have only ever done an AI at Nachi Cocom and can't say enough good things about the staff, the water and the fun in the sun.

Belize, I will be going for the third time and am going on River Wallace Altun Ha tour, which I have read is wonderful, I have walked outside the gate in Belize and took a very nice tour with a young man and his horse and buggy...was lots of fun, and of course everyone raves about the cave tubing.

Costa Maya been there once, looking forward to going again and going to the Malecon and the beach (I was in Costa Maya a year ago, but did not leave the port, which had a Margaretville like atmosphere.

Love, Love Grand Turk...the prettiest waters I have ever seen...beach right when you get off the ship and you don't need to go any further than to the first lounge chair in the white sand.

San Juan...beautiful country, we went to San Cristobal (sp?) Fort which was a lot of fun to explore, lots of shops to explore as well.

The other 2 ports St. Thomas and St. Martin you have been to.

So IMHO, I would go for Western, they are all beautiful to see and explore...Heading back there for the 4th time on my Carnival Dream trip in November....if you go to Roatan...check out some of the Mahogany carvings they do...awesome.

You will have a great time whichever you decide:)

Hello,

Thanks!!!

I love both east and west itins but I'd say go on the one that's new to you. I always have an awesome time in Cozumel, and I loved the rest of those ports as well on the western you listed. It's been a long time since I've done an eastern for various reasons, but I plan on going back at some point. St. Maarten is a favorite of mine but not a big fan of St. Thomas anymore...just sooo busy.

We've done both, and we prefer the western over eastern...have done western about 5 times now! As far as people with their hand out, well, we've seen that on the eastern islands too....islanders are just trying to make a living! If you're not interested in what they are offering, just very politely say no thank you! Besides, you would get 4 great new ports!!

Not narrow minded at all. If I want to visit third world countries I would have join the peace corp and not paid for the vacation. Sick and tired of everyone trying to get my money including the government

Got news for for: just about all of those countries, both itineraries, are third world nations.

I'd pick the cruise where you don't have to use the tenders.

unless you can get FTTF for early tender rides. queuing is such a waste of my vacation!!!

mind you I love Costa Maya. get out of the port and bus it down tot he village... fantastic place..

St. Thomas a third word nation? Thought it was a us territory. Loved rotan except when we went to a resort we were constantly be pestered by peddlers and the some cute women offering massages but then the resorts armed guards with machine guns kept them at bay..

I have done both Eastern and Western. I would second everyone who said to try the Western intinerary. I have talked to so many people who think St. Maarten is the best thing since sliced bread, but I just don't see it. That may be because we once rented a car there and drove outside the tourist areas. Most of the island is a junkyard. But, what is not junked up is very beautiful. I do plan to go back there again to see the planes come in over the beach.

For the western, there are so many fun and different things to do. We always have a great time in Cozumel. We were supposed to do western on Dream back in October of 2011 but we were rerouted to eastern due to a tropical storm. We're going to try again this spring. I am looking forward to snorkling the reef in Roatan and visiting Maya Chan in Costa Maya and maybe Paradis Beach in Cozumel:)

I have never really felt pestered anywhere except Jamaica.

What do you think, they don't want your money in St. Maarten, Grand Turk etc.?

Archived