Arcade costs

kangaand2roos

What arcade games might they have and about what do they cost? Are they longer games that the kids actually play, or the stupid ones that seem to be the norm in arcades today that are essentially slot machines that spit out tickets which they can exchange for candy or crap?

We will be on the Pride. Also, does the Pride arcade take S&S card in the arcade or cash? My son will be nine when we sail and loves arcades, but I want to be prepared and to prepare him for what it might cost. He will have a limited S&S so it'll be nice for him to have an idea how much to budget for the arcade.

we were on the magic this time last year and my then 13 y/o spent her daily limit in the arcade. she used her s & s card but it was not limited. we were trying to teach them of how to budget their money for the day and which they never went over their amount. as to how much the games cost i have no idea. there were race car arcades, golf, pinball etc. my daughters spent all day/night there.

brian

Games cost usually 50c to $1. On the ships I've been on I've seen air hockey, driving games, shooting games and some sort of prize vault.

No tickets given. Games played only for the fun of playing.

I've only seen games taking tokens. The token dispenser takes S&S cards. You can limit the amount of $$ taken out. Need to go to Guest Services to set it up.

Thanks for the replies! I way prefer games that are played for fun rather than prizes! I'm trying to gauge what I can expect for him to spend for 1/2 hour-1 hour per day, maximum. I think he will, actually prefer things like shuffle board, mini golf, and giant chess, but it is a February cruise out of Baltimore, so outdoor time might be somewhat limited!

On the Dream in July, the arcade games cost .75 and up with most over 1.25. Some were for fun, but most were for virtual tickets which are added to the S&S card. These virtual tickets are traded for real prizes at an automated machine. The minimum to redeem is 50 tickets.

On the Dream in July, the arcade games cost .75 and up with most over 1.25. Some were for fun, but most were for virtual tickets which are added to the S&S card. These virtual tickets are traded for real prizes at an automated machine. The minimum to redeem is 50 tickets.

Oh lord, I hate ticket games...virtual or otherwise! The arcade itself doesn't bother me. I dropped some money in them as a kid and teen, but the tickets ( and corresponding crap prizes) set my teeth on edge.

Anyone have any Pride-specific intel on the arcade so I can brace myself?

Archived