Roll Calls and Meet and Greets

gigianne

I've been invited to at least 3 q and a's. One was on the Westerdam, one was on the Oosterdam and I can't recall the other ship. I've never organized a meet and greet. The last one I attended was in 2011. I wonder if it has to do with being a four star or more and how many others there are on the ship. I'm sure organizing the m and g would do that as well.

We have done 3 repositioning cruises on the Westerdam as well as several Caribbean cruises on her. And we have never been invited to a Q&A session on her.

In fact after our recent cruise on her, we laughed and said that our record was intact for that ship as to not being invited to a Q&A.

Fortunately, KK, most roll calls are not like that.

BTW, I've asked you before but I guess you didn't see my post - why did your font suddenly get larger than usual?

Sorry -- I didn't see your post. A person by the name of "Wander: also asked and I explained it to her.

I am having major eye problems -- doctor has run some tests -- given me eye drops -- nothing is working -- I can't see to type. Everything else is fine. I just can't read my own writing.

I've never organized a M&G and almost never attend but have been invited to a number of the Q & A sessions.

OP....... By all means, start the Roll Call if you wish. See how it evolves and how you feel about it as people start enrolling and no rush to decide how much involvement you want.

It has been years since we were invited to a Q&A. Lucky you.

Everybody is different. The best roll call I've had on a cruise was my panama cruise in April 2011. We had a cabin/wine crawl. It was so much fun and a great group of people. I'd love to do that again. The only downside was that I drank to much and I'm a lightweight in the drinking dept only:D. The next day I had a 10 hour tour with no bathroom on the bus:eek:.

Sorry -- I didn't see your post. A person by the name of "Wander: also asked and I explained it to her.

I am having major eye problems -- doctor has run some tests -- given me eye drops -- nothing is working -- I can't see to type. Everything else is fine. I just can't read my own writing.

I'm sorry to hear that. How do you manage to read other posts though? Although if you have keyboard like mine - I can understand not being able to see to type! Sometimes I have to tip it into the light to see where the keys are - and I trained as a touch-typist!

I'm sorry to hear that. How do you manage to read other posts though? Although if you have keyboard like mine - I can understand not being able to see to type! Sometimes I have to tip it into the light to see where the keys are - and I trained as a touch-typist!

My eye doctor got me a large magnifier -- it is about 8 by 10 to prop up in front of the computer. But it doesn't work for the keys.

I even went to Best Buy to see if they could change the "size" for everything. Well some things ended up way, way too large. So we just set things back to normal.

I also don’t think the one that initiates the Roll Call thread is under any obligation to organize the M&G. If you enjoy that kind of thing, feel free to do it. I know I’ve always enjoyed the ones I’ve organized.

IMHO, the one who organizes the M&G need not "host" the meeting. The main purpose of the M&G should be for guests to meet each other and discuss cruising, perhaps hear from the CD or other ship's personnel, etc., not for anyone to make announcements or present some kind of program.

Dan

Archived