Grand Princess

jamesnnb

We have friends on board the Grand heading down Mexico way and we were wondering if anyone knows if the storm (Manual) has had any effect on this cruise (they are actually on 3-legs -- currently on the second). They should be heading to Puerto Vallarta right now. Any news/updates?

We have friends on board the Grand heading down Mexico way and we were wondering if anyone knows if the storm (Manual) has had any effect on this cruise (they are actually on 3-legs -- currently on the second). They should be heading to Puerto Vallarta right now. Any news/updates?
According to the ship's webcam, the ship is at anchor in Loreto (Sea of Cortez). It looks sunny and calm. In checking the National Weather Services map, no rain anywhere nearby. Manuel was far south and is now heading northeast across Mexico, away from where the Grand is sailing. They probably had heavy seas on Thursday.

On the Grand Princess now. Getting to La Paz tomorrow, PV after that. Been a smooth ride so far. A little chilly when we left SF, nice and warm now. No indication from the captain of any weather-related issues. Had to turn around for a medivac the first night. The person was successfully airlifted and we resumed our journey south. Having a great time - friendly crew, good food, ship's in fine shape.

Current bridge cam:

grand_bridge.jpg

Hope they are all having fun!

On the Grand Princess now. Getting to La Paz tomorrow, PV after that. Been a smooth ride so far. A little chilly when we left SF, nice and warm now. No indication from the captain of any weather-related issues. Had to turn around for a medivac the first night. The person was successfully airlifted and we resumed our journey south. Having a great time - friendly crew, good food, ship's in fine shape.

If you are still on the Grand when you read this, can you go to the purser's desk and ask for Karolina, she's a blonde girl from Brasil (we use to work together on the Golden). If you see her before asking for her.... ask her a random question and then jokingly say, "that is unprofessional" (we use to tease each other about this).... then tell her you've been sent to retrieve my "missing" stapler..... I brought my stapler and someone took it as a joke and I never got it back.... sounds stupid , but was a very long running gag with my crew on the Golden..... my name is Robert btw

It will be so funny because she never knows when this type of stuff is coming, lol

Archived