What to do day before the cruise in LA?

We're arriving on an 11:10 flight into LA ... should be at the Crown Plaza near the cruise port about 1 p.m. I'd guess. Since we have the entire afternoon and evening, wonder what we'd have time to do or transportation to do something. What would be a couple of recommendations for sights to see in LA or Hollywood ... is there any bus transportation from the hotel to get somewhere without having to rent a car ... would so appreciate some recommendations since we'd never been to the west coast or LA area.

Keep in mind also that LA traffic is horrific. No, make that one step worse than horrific. I would never rent a car for just the afternoon/evening for that reason. I do not know where your hotel is (if you mentioned it I forgot) but if it is near the port, the port is nowhere near the major attractions, and certainly not near downtown LA or Hollywood or similar.

The Crown Plaza is a regular gathering place for many who fly/drive in for their cruises. Our Hawaiian cruise this October on the Star Princess roll call has arranged a get together for quite a large group of individuals who will be arriving from near and far a day or two early. From what they have posted you can walk a few blocks to several restaurants. If you want to look at the Star Princess Oct 18 roll call there are several posters there who can add extra details for you... Enjoy your cruise! Who knows, maybe you will be on ours?! :rolleyes:

Dian

Are you cruising out of long beach or san padro. . .if Long beach, there is an awesome aquarium there within walking distance to the ship and lots of shops /restaurants to visit. We went there during fourth of July and saw the aquarium and fireworks later that evening near the queen mary.

Archived