Which RCL Ship

JMsquared74

Jeff, I would go with Freedom for 7 days (Love St. Thomas and St. Maarten) but would keep an eye on Oasis as the price might drop and you could be in a balcony for that price or less. Hotels in the MCO area have shuttles that will take you to Canaveral and back for a extra fee. Indy is Freedom class so you get the same thing. Enjoy!

I will keep an eye on Oasis on Jan 11th too. Right now is over $2k for a balcony. But again thanks for the info!

Jeff

I will keep an eye on Oasis on Jan 11th too. Right now is over $2k for a balcony. But again thanks for the info!

Jeff

Just looked at Allure for the 12th, balcony guarantee for $1885. Check Crown and Anchor for certificates. There is a certificate for Oasis for the 11th ($125 off on a balcony or ocean view)

Very excited to join this forum. Been reading through the forum and the amount of just fantastic information is amazing!!! Though right now I am feeling a little bit of information overload.

So here is what I would love some advice and feedback on.

Taking a cruise week of Jan 11. Have narrowed it down to the Freedom, Independence or Oasis.

I am going to be going with my Girlfriend. She is 29 and I am 40. She has never been on a cruise or to the caribbean. I haven't been since college 20 years ago. We are both active and enjoying having fun. Great Spa, Amazing Snorkling, wonderful beaches, and delicious food is what we are looking for. It will be freezing cold when we leave home in Philly so we are really looking to take advantage of the beautiful caribbean weather.

So I have narrowed it down to

Independence Jan 12 Outside G Deck 3 Mid for $$1300

6 Nights Grand Cay, Falmouth, Labadee

Freedom Jan 12 Inside N Aft Deck 6 for $1300

Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten

Oasis Jan 11th Inside GTY $1800

Nassau St Thomas St Maarten

I have a deposit on Independence.

I would love to get some feedback on the ships, inside and the ports. Is it worth $500 more for Oasis? Is the 3 hr of travel each way to get to Pt Canaveral? What are the best ports for us a new cruisers As this is my first post please be understanding. Please let me know any other info that can help this forum members help me make the right decision for a wonderful great vacation

Thanks

Jeff:)

One has more to offer than the other.

Both amazing. If money is not an issue I would go with Oasis.

The shows, restaurants, entertainment, and activities are like no other.

Just out of this world!!!

Everyone seems to love Labadee...

Bless you, not everyone! :p:D There are several of us here who consider Labadee a wasted port (and others who say the same about Nassau, even St. Thomas). But there are many who absolutely love Labadee. It's a very personal decision.

Regarding your question, personally, I would do Freedom for the extra night and ports. 6 nights is not long enough for me so I'd want the 7 nighter.

Have fun planning and choosing! Enjoy your cruise.

Very excited to join this forum. Been reading through the forum and the amount of just fantastic information is amazing!!! Though right now I am feeling a little bit of information overload.

Taking a cruise week of Jan 11. Have narrowed it down to the Freedom, Independence or Oasis.

I am going to be going with my Girlfriend. She is 29 and I am 40. She has never been on a cruise or to the caribbean. I haven't been since college 20 years ago. We are both active and enjoying having fun. Great Spa, Amazing Snorkling, wonderful beaches, and delicious food is what we are looking for. It will be freezing cold when we leave home in Philly so we are really looking to take advantage of the beautiful caribbean weather.

I would love to get some feedback on the ships, inside and the ports. Is it worth $500 more for Oasis? Is the 3 hr of travel each way to get to Pt Canaveral? What are the best ports for us a new cruisers As this is my first post please be understanding. Please let me know any other info that can help this forum members help me make the right decision for a wonderful great vacation

Thanks

Wow. That is a lot for a cruise. I'm used to spending around $900 for my cruises for similar itineraries on a different line. I hope you have a great cruise regardless...

Wow. That is a lot for a cruise. I'm used to spending around $900 for my cruises for similar itineraries on a different line.

CB, as I mentioned to you on the other thread where you kept pushing for Carnival and people clobbered you to death for the unsolicited advise: Not everyone cares about cruising for the cheapest price.

A lot of people are willing to pay more money for a better quality vacation. As much as I like Carnival. I'm fully aware that they charge less than Royal just like a Holiday Inn charges less than a Westin. They are different products. One more budget minded than the other.

BTW, I took a moment to price out a 7 night Western Caribbean on Carnival for the same week the OP is interested in. Carnival Liberty will be $1,445 for a balcony for 2 people (not less than $900 as you claim). Given the option of sailing on Allure of the Seas for $1,885 on a balcony vs sailing on Carnival Liberty for $1,445 on a balcony, I'd be beyond stupid to sail on Carnival (and I've been on both of these ships and consider the Liberty to be my favorite Carnival ship. But it's still well below the Allure of the Seas. You just can't compare the two with a straight face).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

So today I was able to get an unbelievable deal on Oasis. Will be sailing on Jan 11th Central Park Window View Cabin. Very excited. Thanks for all your help with info on each ship. Now it's time to start figuring out all of my excursions, dinner reservations and other activities:)

So happy you got a cruise you can be excited about at a price you weren't expecting. I love it when that happens. With the sales they keep offering on the Oasis class ships, I keep wishing I could get airfare low enough to make sense to grab one of those deals.

Archived