It's a jungle out there

sloopjohnb

Hello fellow cruisers, Can anyone enlighten me?

We are on the Legend on December 4th, from Caldera to Fort Lauderdale and I am baffled by the excursions on offer. Quoting from Seabourn’s website, I can choose ;

Puerto Quepos the sky-high forest canopy can be reached by an aerial tram

Puerto Moin coast on an aerial tram high in the forest canopy

Roatan slide through the forest to a gorgeous beach suspended on a system of cables

Belize City take a thrilling cable ride in the forest

Apart from very much looking forward to seeing a beach suspended on a system of cables, I can’t work out whether these experiences will be very much alike or if they each offer some unique unmissable treat. Should sensation-seekers choose a certain type and would-be naturalists another?

Help!

i am also on that cruise and i suspect (hope) that as we get closer there will be a greater variety of excursions available. if not, they can give us caviar in the surf at every port as far as im concerned. hope to see you on board.

Hmmmm ... looks like roll call! We will also be joining you on this cruise. First time aboard Seabourn and we're looking to see just how it stands up to our wonderful experience on Silverseas. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Hello, everyone, it seems it will be my shout at the Skybar.

I'd still like to hear fom someone who has taken these excursions and can advise on the difference.

bgood, thanks - I see it as a painting by Salvador Dali

sloopjohnb

In Puerto Quepos, I took the zip line (cable) tour that was offered by Seabourn (through a company called Congo) and it was a blast. I also went on an aerial tram in Panama (part of the Seabourn special experience) and it was fun too but did not get the adrenalin flowing in the same way.

However, you should know that the spectacular Manuel Antonio National Park is close to Puerto Quepos and that Seabourn does not organize a tour there.

Some fellow passengers went to the Park and said that it was a spectacular day. They hired a taxi from the port and then a guide in the park. Alternatively, local bus service is available all day to and from the park.

So given an choice in Puerto Quepos between an aerial tram and an independent excursion to the park, I'd go to the park.

Archived