Promenade cabin deck?

danielsumner

Been on Carnival, Hal, Princess, NCL and Costa. Never on RCI. Found a great last minute deal on Promenade cabins on Freedom of the Seas. Choice between decks 6,7 or 8. Any advise would be appreciated.

we are sailing on the PR on deck six this may 2014 for the first time. but a lot of people we sail with love the PR's. Normally go with a js or gs but DD"s wedding this August in the UK, took most of our spare cash. so we wanted to try something different. So we are really looking forward to the change just love RCCL by the way.

Been on Carnival, Hal, Princess, NCL and Costa. Never on RCI. Found a great last minute deal on Promenade cabins on Freedom of the Seas. Choice between decks 6,7 or 8. Any advise would be appreciated.

Some say the higher up, less noise (except during the parades/parties, when you will hear the music). Others like to be lower to have a better view looking into the promenade. We always took the highest deck available and enjoyed these cabins very much. Pay attention to what your cabin would be over if you are on a lower deck, since you may get noise from a pub/bar. There are websites that show deck plans for RCI's ships. You may also want to avoid connecting staterooms, if you can, since you may hear more noise from the adjoining room.

And once you're on board, remember to close your drapes when you want privacy, since people across the way will be able to see in!

Done many promenades. Go deck 7, midship. Least movement.

Avoid being over the pub or under the whirlpools.

We were on deck 7 on the Independence but we did not have a good view of the promenade. There was a large teacup hanging outside our window. :( Make sure you're more in the middle and not on the ends or you won't be able to see the parades. We had a view of the guest services desk below the teacup. It was the one and only time we ever booked a promenade cabin. For the price, it wasn't bad but I'd rather have a balcony with a view of the ocean.:)

We were on deck 7 on the Independence but we did not have a good view of the promenade. There was a large teacup hanging outside our window. :( Make sure you're more in the middle and not on the ends or you won't be able to see the parades. We had a view of the guest services desk below the teacup. It was the one and only time we ever booked a promenade cabin. For the price' date=' it wasn't bad but I'd rather have a balcony with a view of the ocean.:)[/quote']

I agree with you about the balcony. We tired a PR cabin on our last cruise and I said then "never again". Don't get me wrong, it was a nice cabin but if DH was sitting on the end of the bed putting on his shoes or fixing one of our boards, I had to either crawl or walk across the bed to get to the other side of the room and I realized on that cruise that I simply HAVE to have a tub, that bathroom was just MUCH too small.

Again, the price was GREAT, can't beat it and it was fun to people watch from the window but we need a larger bathroom and a balcony :)

Hi: It depends on what you enjoy doing when you cruise.

I was on Deck 6 on the Freedom and was awakened by noise the first night once, the second night twice so put in earplugs and the third night was awake with my earplugs in from 11pm to 5 minute to 1. At quarter to one it sounded like the singer was on my bed singing Rolling Down the River with Tina Turner. I am diabetic and am very adversely affected by lack of sleep. The Customer Relations Officer kindly relocated me to another cabin the next day.

However the people in the cabin next to me were out later in the evenings; heard nothing when they retired to bed and enjoyed their room.

So it depends on what you enjoy doing on your cruise and how you sleep.

I would recommend a higher floor. Happy cruising!

My wife and I had 6329 last week of Nov. last year on Liberty and it was great. Very little noise, nothing to keep us from booking another. Nothing more then I heard in any hotel. In fact we are booked for Independance for first week in Dec this year. I chose same cabin, bu switched last week to 6315, which is assessible cabin due to my wife's disability.

Found a deal and pulled the trigger. Leaving in 21 days. Decided on deck 7. Cabin 7561.[/

You would have a better view of the promenade if you are in a cabin more in the middle. It doesn't look like there are many cabins available on deck 7 but there are some really good cabins on deck 6.

Some of the blank spaces, you asked about, are where platforms are built over the promenade. They have entertainers on them at times, also the Captain, CD, etc.

I agree with you about the balcony. We tired a PR cabin on our last cruise and I said then "never again". Don't get me wrong, it was a nice cabin but if DH was sitting on the end of the bed putting on his shoes or fixing one of our boards, I had to either crawl or walk across the bed to get to the other side of the room and I realized on that cruise that I simply HAVE to have a tub, that bathroom was just MUCH too small.

Again, the price was GREAT, can't beat it and it was fun to people watch from the window but we need a larger bathroom and a balcony :)

I am not sure which cabin you had but we have done them several times and we had ample room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Found a deal and pulled the trigger. Leaving in 21 days. Decided on deck 7. Cabin 7561.[/

You would have a better view of the promenade if you are in a cabin more in the middle. It doesn't look like there are many cabins available on deck 7 but there are some really good cabins on deck 6.

Some of the blank spaces' date= you asked about, are where platforms are built over the promenade. They have entertainers on them at times, also the Captain, CD, etc.[/quote]

good to know.:)

Archived