Alaska Airlines Permanent Fund Dividend Sale Is On

Chenega

My 2 tickets for next year just came down $93 pp. :)

Hi Scoop,

Hey, we sailed with you last May. We are also doing a southbound cruise out of Whittier, Alaska next year in June but doing Island Princess. What are the dates you going and are you doing a land tour first? I'll have to check the airfare prices compared to what we paid. We got ours for $628pp RT out of PIT, not that we can really do anything about the price now but I always feel better if I got a good deal. We've never flown to AK before so not sure if ours is a decent price. Only have 1 stop and got good flight times.

So am I understanding this sale correctly that it is only 1 way flights? The options that I see for our dates are terrible and the price is very high also unless I'm not seeing a sale price??

Alaska Airlines always lists their fares as both one-way or round-trip; you can choose the option when you go to their website. They also have a so-called low fare calendar when you can shop around several dates.

I have sometimes bought two one-way tickets since the computer did not want to price the schedule I wanted with a round trip itinerary.

Sometimes other carriers match their fares but it is not always the case.

Hi Scoop,

Hey, we sailed with you last May. We are also doing a southbound cruise out of Whittier, Alaska next year in June but doing Island Princess. What are the dates you going and are you doing a land tour first? I'll have to check the airfare prices compared to what we paid. We got ours for $628pp RT out of PIT, not that we can really do anything about the price now but I always feel better if I got a good deal. We've never flown to AK before so not sure if ours is a decent price. Only have 1 stop and got good flight times.

Hey Bren,

Nice to "see" you again. We're southbound out of Whittier too but on Norwegian Sun. We leave on a Monday night, 6-16. We have a bow cabin just above the bridge and just below the observation deck :D. Yes - we're doing land tour first. Fly into Seattle on Saturday 6/7 for a couple of days; Seattle to Anchorage on Monday 6/9 (Here's where my Alaska Air tickets are and it was $634 for the two of us one-way!!!) so I wouldn't complain about your airfare prices. Then 7 days on our own before the cruise. Everything's planned (and a lot either reserved and/or paid for). With some minor changes, the whole itinerary is posted on my roll call thread. Perhaps we'll cross paths somewhere?

Although you can’t count on it every year, there have been air fare wars the past couple years when the seasonal carriers come to town. Last year the one-way fare between Seattle and Anchorage was $127 on selected flights. The year before Jet Blue had a fare for $99 between Long Beach and Anchorage, Alaska matched LAX to Anchorage.

Archived