What to do with Cel phones in Europe

pepsicruiser

I've seen threads about cel phones while on ships. But, for those who traveled in Europe while off the ship what should I be aware of as far as roaming etc. We have AT&T. Any advice? Thanks

If you want to use your phone, visit your AT&T store a few weeks before cruising and ask about international plans. You can get individual data, phone, and text plans for international use, then ask them to be cancelled a week or two after returning home. We have AT&T and do this (data only for us) prior to every cruise.

I've seen threads about cel phones while on ships. But, for those who traveled in Europe while off the ship what should I be aware of as far as roaming etc. We have AT&T. Any advice? Thanks

On recent European cruise I went to a local AT&T store and they hooked me up with a special International rate package.It is much cheaper than it used to be.They will explain and set up your phone(or show you)the proper set up for International.When you return for cruise you HAVE to get them to discontinue the service or they will continue to bill you.I went back to the store for this,but I think you can do it on your on.

TY for your responses. I will go to AT&T before we leave for sure.

Not really necessary to go into a store..it can be done over the phone with AT&T..we did this also for Europe and China. Remember to upload their free money conversion and translation apps.

Archived