Women's dress code?

Emanuel

I'm sorry if this seems like a thoroughly stupid question, but is it acceptable for a woman to wear a pantsuit during the formal dinner nights? We're cruising on the Caribbean Princess to the Western Caribbean soon, and my mom's fretting about what to wear....any answers would be really appreciated!

I'm sorry if this seems like a thoroughly stupid question, but is it acceptable for a woman to wear a pantsuit during the formal dinner nights? We're cruising on the Caribbean Princess to the Western Caribbean soon, and my mom's fretting about what to wear....any answers would be really appreciated!

Yes, a pantsuit is very appropriate. I have worn pants w/ sparkly tops on most of my cruises and felt very appropriate. You will find many varieties of outfits on formal night.

Have a great cruise!

It depends on what kind of pantsuit and the color and material. If it looks like something you wear to the office, then according to the strict interpretation of formal, it isn't what you'd wear. But, it also depends on what cruise line you're on. For Carnival, NCL, RCCI, Princess or Costa, then it probably will be OK. Try and dress it up with a fancier top underneath the jacket, something silky or lace with maybe a touch of beading or sequins. With some nice jewelry, then a pantsuit would be fine.

Hi, I use a wheelchair so I do not wear dresses very often. I use black pants (velveteen?) and a sparkly top. This way I do not worry about my wheels getting caught. I have received comps on my dress on Formal nights by photographers and fellow pax.

I've seen all types of attire on formal night from very dressy to slacks and a blouse. Your mother might feel better if she dresses up the pant suit, but itwill be fine.

I have seen very formal pantsuits in the formal wear section of Dilliards so you can wear a really formal pantsuit.

What I have seen is with women- formal wear kinds of goes by age. The really young (teens-early 20's) go really formal-mid twenties to mid-late forties go more for the "little black dress" or a coctail dress. Women that are over 60 go more for a dress "church" dress or pantsuit. You know the type of pantsuit Mom would pick to wear Christmas or Easter.

Now I found this true of the 5 lines I have been on -CCL, RCCL, HAL, and Princess. Disney did not have a formal night but it seemed in their supper club. Palo's-it was the same as formal night on other ships. I have not been on Celebrity or NCL and I have not been on any of the upscale lines like Crystal and Radisson so I cannot really say about them.

Archived