New Cruisers! Welcome to the Carnival Family!

qwerty119

For all the newbies. Beware...do not report anything bad from your cruise on here or you will be ripped to shreds from the cheerleaders!!! Its all nice and fluffy till you say something bad about Carnival. Then the claws come out! Just a heads up.

I like Carnival and I am being ripped to pieces because I don't know why. Oh well, life goes on

Welcome to the Family New Cruisers! As a new cruiser, we know how stressful the planning process can be. We are here to help! Let us know how we can help by posting below. Welcome to the Carnival Family and we hope to see you on the FUN SHIPS soon! (WARNING: You will become addicted to cruising) :) :D

You're someone with only 50 posts here yourself and you're being the welcome wagon to everyone? You don't even say what your position is in the Carnival "family" ... enlighten us.

You seem to be speaking in some official capacity for Carnival ... who is the "we" in your post ?

You're someone with only 50 posts here yourself and you're being the welcome wagon to everyone? You don't even say what your position is in the Carnival "family" ... enlighten us.

You seem to be speaking in some official capacity for Carnival ... who is the "we" in your post ?

This poster is one of many (all the same person) CCL marketing, I assume :)

Since the posts went on for a few days I thought they were the new Cruise Critic Moderator(s). [size

=1]Guess not.:o[/size]

I'm self-editing this just to make myself clear, I thought that this was the kind of post "welcome to ....etc." that a Moderator of Cruise Critic would make, not someone new to the boards.

Since the posts went on for a few days I thought they were the new Cruise Critic Moderator(s). [size

=1]Guess not.:o[/size]

I'm self-editing this just to make myself clear, I thought that this was the kind of post "welcome to ....etc." that a Moderator of Cruise Critic would make, not someone new to the boards.

No...;)

I agree with the all the same person, not sure it's actually CCL marketing. Too amatuerish.

I agree..if they wanted to "plant" someone it would be done in a much more covert way. Plus we here just make up about 1% of the cruising public so nothing done here could really make much of a difference.

Anyone remember "royal champions" :)

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29554810/ns/travel-cruise_travel/t/does-cruise-lines-viral-campaign-cross-line/

I agree..if they wanted to "plant" someone it would be done in a much more covert way. Plus we here just make up about 1% of the cruising public so nothing done here could really make much of a difference.

Anyone remember "royal champions" :)

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29554810/ns/travel-cruise_travel/t/does-cruise-lines-viral-campaign-cross-line/

If they are working for Carnival they should be fired. Very amatuerish way to try and promote the brand if that's what's going on. A professional poster shouldn't get drawn into the back and forths that these accounts keep getting into. Personally I think they all flow from CarnivalBreeze319, and given the amount of false info he's posted that's clearly not a Carnival plant, unless it's some bizarre approach to feeling out reactions on potential decisions.

I also agree with you, the percentage of CC members out of the total number of cruisers probably is not that large. Not enough to be worth screwing around with covert account for some type of Gorilla Marketing campaign. There's other online venues that would make far more sense for that, especially if you're trying to increase new customers.

If they are working for Carnival they should be fired. Very amatuerish way to try and promote the brand if that's what's going on. A professional poster shouldn't get drawn into the back and forths that these accounts keep getting into. Personally I think they all flow from CarnivalBreeze319, and given the amount of false info he's posted that's clearly not a Carnival plant, unless it's some bizarre approach to feeling out reactions on potential decisions.

I agree with you here. CB319 would find some information on the Carnival website or on John Heald's blog or facebook, and then typically post here as having an "inside source." Sometimes he would have blatantly wrong info. Sometimes he would make incorrect assumptions based on what he saw on the Carnival website, and continue to say that he had an inside source for the info. He's definitely not a Carnival plant.

Qwerty may not have even survived. They haven't posted in three days. They are probably someone else now.

Cocacola86 seemed to be yesterday's reincarnation. Can't wait to see what "new member" joins Cruise Critic today! :D

Hi guys and gals! I'm Brandi... and so excited to find this board! We are getting ready to sail on our third cruise in 2 weeks on the Carnival Freedom. Our first cruise was back in 2007 and was amazing. Second cruise was in 2010 and the water was so rough I stayed sick a lot. I'm so excited to go on this cruise!! Any tips or advice for the Carnival Freedom??

Archived