Sun Salon -- women's haircuts?

cruise4kicks

If it's the same stylist that was on the Sun in August, skip it. My husband and son had haircuts on board because they ran out of time to go the barber before we left. HUGE mistake! They were super expensive ($35 for my husband and $25 for my 8-year-old son) and their haircuts (especially my son's) looked like they'd been done with hedge clippers.

Does anyone know if the salon on the Sun does women's haircuts?

I recently moved and haven't found a new stylist, so I thought... what the heck? It's a crapshoot here, or on the ship... why not try the ship? :)

TIA!

But you still won't have a hairdresser! I don't know where you live or what's available. Ask people at work, if you used a realtor they know everyone, you can even ask another woman at the grocery who has a great haircut, neighbors, etc.

We have moved around over the years and finding a good hairdresser can be a problem. No matter where we have lived from Texas to Massachusetts, I have tried the salon at JC Penney and have never been disappointed. Not fancy, but reliable and fair pricing.

Does anyone know if the salon on the Sun does women's haircuts?

I recently moved and haven't found a new stylist, so I thought... what the heck? It's a crapshoot here, or on the ship... why not try the ship? :)

TIA!

They do, but be prepared to pay. In 2011, my haircut and style cost me $100, with tip.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a post-cruise update: ;)

Several crew members raved about the new hair stylist on the Sun, Mr. Kon. (In fact, he was so booked up with crew it was difficult to get an appointment.) It is his first contract, but he has 20 years' experience. He is from Thailand. So, I decided to give it a try and voila! Mr. Kon is an artist. His technique was different from my old stylist, and his English limited, but he managed to see my three-month-old cut and reproduce exactly what my old stylist did. He really took his time, and texturized my hair wonderfully.

Cost: $69 + tip, just as much as I was paying my last stylist on land.

:D

Archived