IDUnno45 - Carol and Doug

IDUnno45

Has anyone looked into going to Cinque Terre out of Florence? There's 5 little towns that are supposed to be fabulous. It's 1hr.40min. from port. Also, has anyone found a tour that would include Capri as well as Sorrento? Pls. email me at carolanderson45@sbcglobal.net if you have any info on this.

Hi Carol & Doug!

I see that this is only your eighth post. Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D

For questions like this, for which you will want to connect primarily with passengers who are booked on the same Cruise as you are, a special forum is available, called "Roll Calls".

The Roll Calls for Oceania Cruise Lines may be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

Simply click on the Board for your Ship, then search for your sailing date and VOILÀ, your shipmates await!

Hope that this helped-

Enjoy your cruise!

Carol & Doug, We visited Cinque Terre a few years ago from Livorno. You can take the trains up, through La Spezia. It does take a few hours, leaving only 4 hours, or so, to walk the sea trail. We had an overnight in Livorno and did it the first day, though, because we've experienced the trains in Italy are not as prompt as those in Switzerland and Germany sometimes. I'm not sure I'd chance it on my own (non-ship tour) if the ship was in port only one day.

As to Sorrento & Capri, Capri access is somewhat subject to weather. The last time we were in port in Naples all the Capri tours were cancelled due to weather (rain, hence somewhat rough seas). We will be back there one day in November, and from what I've now read I think we'll stick with Sorrento. Go to Pinterest or Google and look at the photos of the two areas. That helped me make up my mind, along with a thread a few months ago on CC regarding the two. The jist of that thread was that Capri was far more "touristy" unless you were really ambitious and sought the road less traveled. Since we are generally pretty "laid back" when we travel we decided Sorrento was better for us.

Archived