Mattress on Balcony?

nekicheese

Wow, so many negative posts. Last time somebody asked about doing this most people encouraged it and shared their stories. I even remember one person saying their room steward arranged extra blankets to use as padding for the deck chair. Probably a better idea than trying to drag out the mattress.

Just remember you wouldn't want to do this when you have a port of call the next morning, or you could wake up to everyone staring down at you from the next ship!

Wow, so many negative posts. Last time somebody asked about doing this most people encouraged it and shared their stories. I even remember one person saying their room steward arranged extra blankets to use as padding for the deck chair. Probably a better idea than trying to drag out the mattress.

Just remember you wouldn't want to do this when you have a port of call the next morning, or you could wake up to everyone staring down at you from the next ship!

hahaha...my friend experienced the stares from another ship while he slept on a roll-away. It was pretty funny and he thought twice before sleeping on the balcony after that (BTW - he still did many times. Just not on port days).

Original poster here with a few points of clarification. First, I never have and never will sail on Celebrity. Loyal to Royal.

Second, I wasn't suggesting taking the mattress out at night. In fact, I envisioned doing it during the day ala a comfy day on the balcony "beach."

Third, I can't remember the last time *ahem* that happened. So that, too, was not a consideration.

Fourth, it doesn't take a classless person to enjoy a sunny, sea breeze day in comfort.

Original poster here with a few points of clarification. First, I never have and never will sail on Celebrity. Loyal to Royal.

Second, I wasn't suggesting taking the mattress out at night. In fact, I envisioned doing it during the day ala a comfy day on the balcony "beach."

Third, I can't remember the last time *ahem* that happened. So that, too, was not a consideration.

Fourth, it doesn't take a classless person to enjoy a sunny, sea breeze day in comfort.

My only comment is that this would not only be yucky when you want to sleep on it later that night, but what about the people who use the cabin after you? I certainly wouldn't want to sleep on a mattress that has been used to lay in the sun (think sweat, sunscreen). Sorry don't want to be rude but that is just eewwwww:o. Also - what if RCCL decided they wanted to charge you to replace the mattress because of this? How would you feel?

It's a dumb idea, first because the balconies aren't clean enough to put a mattress out there, second if you have anything less than a JS it won't fit, and third come on really, dragging a mattress out to your balcony.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, you can see some folks overreact a bit here on CC. To get back to your original question...

Taking your mattress on the balcony isn't really a good idea. It's hard to do and may soil the mattress and cost you some money to fix. Sleeping on your balcony is fine! Taking pillows and blankets out there is one idea. All those will wash clean. (Keep in mind that having a lounger is a 50/50 proposition. You may be sleeping on the floor). You can also bring a sleeping bag and sheets with you from home and extra pillows. That's the best idea. That way, if you get tired of the balcony you can just go jump in your cool, clean, comfortable bed in the cabin.

As the sane have said, remember that you may get wet early in the morning so be prepared for that. Doesn't always happen, but it could.

Have fun! Enjoy YOUR balcony!!

Well, you can see some folks overreact a bit here on CC. To get back to your original question...

Taking your mattress on the balcony isn't really a good idea. It's hard to do and may soil the mattress and cost you some money to fix. Sleeping on your balcony is fine! Taking pillows and blankets out there is one idea. All those will wash clean. (Keep in mind that having a lounger is a 50/50 proposition. You may be sleeping on the floor). You can also bring a sleeping bag and sheets with you from home and extra pillows. That's the best idea. That way, if you get tired of the balcony you can just go jump in your cool, clean, comfortable bed in the cabin.

As the sane have said, remember that you may get wet early in the morning so be prepared for that. Doesn't always happen, but it could.

Have fun! Enjoy YOUR balcony!!

yep, the self appointed.. fashion/rum runner/smoking/manners/hand washing/balcony behavior/elevator folks whose sole purpose in life is to watch everyone else.

Archived