Mariott Downtown- Anchorage

Bell Ringer

I stayed there post cruise in June. There is no airport shuttle but the cab fare was just under $30 CDN. The Cab from Canda Place to the hotel was $5 CDN. The hotel was very nice and clean. Not sure about the laundry facilities as I didn't use them. One note - there is a charge to use the Internet either in your room and also the Business Center.

I stayed there post cruise in June. There is no airport shuttle but the cab fare was just under $30 CDN. The Cab from Canda Place to the hotel was $5 CDN. The hotel was very nice and clean. Not sure about the laundry facilities as I didn't use them. One note - there is a charge to use the Internet either in your room and also the Business Center.

This post sounds like you are describing the Marriott Pinnacle in Vancouver. Poster is looking for information on Marriott in Anchorage. Do you have any information on that hotel?

We did the cruise/land tour. While the others in our group left that morning I didn't fly out until 10:40 pm. They had a shuttle bus just for me provided at no additional charge from the Marriot.

Marriot was very nice. There is a pool with shower so if you stay the day and have to check out earlier than you leave remember to have your bathing suit in a carryon and then you can clean up before you leave.

I loved the time in Anchorage. I rented a bike for $15 and biked all over the place including the Coastal trail which was really nice. Then I enjoyed some walking around downtown and a stop at 7th Street Station and Orza's Restaurant.

I now feel like those that left earlier were jipped out of some nice time in Anchorage. A lot of the tours don't get there until pretty late at night and then you fly out early the next day so you don't get to see Anchorage. I recommend spending a little time there.

BTW - Marriot does have a shuttle to the airport if traveling independent. Again, no worries if booked through the tour companies because they'll transport whenever your flight out is scheduled for.

Hope this helps.

Please see below a letter I posted on Planet feedback . com The hotel itself was nice, and yes there was a laudry room I understand it had only one washer and dryer. The facilities were OK. I visited it on two sperate stays as part of a RCI Cruise Tour. I have to say, though, that it doesnt much matter what the facilities are like if the desk personel are nasty. Usually checking in is easy and doesnt require any amount of discussion or cooperation, but if there should be a problems........................that is when the innkeeper shows or doesnt show their value.

Please rea>comments: I recently took a cruise tour with RCI from Vancouver. This tour placed me in your hotel on two seperate occassions. The last evening of our tour we were to stay at your hotel before departing for the airport in ankorage in the early AM hours. We arrived about 5:30 6Pm if I recall. I was traveling with my sister. We were to have two beds in our room. Our reservations was made with RCI 10 months prior. There was no problems several nights before when we stayed in the same hotel. When we got to our room we found one bed. We went down to the desk and told the desk clerk that the room did not have two beds. We were told that is all they had. I told the desk clerk that it was not acceptable she made a face at us and said there was nothing she could do. She called talked to the woman next to her who told us to find someone to trade with. # 1 I do not know these people, #2 I dont know what rooms they are in and #3 I am not knocking on stranagers door and asking to trade rooms. I am not a kid and not camping out in a tent. I am not in a college dorm. I am taking an supposedly Quality cruise tour and expect not to be treated like a street bum in the salvation army inn. I said that was not acceptable. The woman said that one of us would have to sleep on a rollaway bed. This was not acceptable either. I did not pay for a roll a way bed---- I was not going to be comfortable on a rollaway bed and I was not going to accept a rollaway bed. I asked for the manager. She said that she was the desk manager. This was on 6/3/2005. I told her that none of this was acceptable. If they could not find a room for us then they could get us one in another hotel. At no time did this woman ever show any interest in helping us. It was a thats tough attitude from the first minute to the last. This was not at all what I would expect of a Marriot hotel.

>Next I called one of the tour people to help me. She came to the desk and was also not talked to nicely. She was told it was her responsibilty to find someone to trade with us. She walked away and another RCI tour person came over. She was told that it was RCI's problem. It has happened before and the other tour person resolved it why can't you. Are unwilling to take care of it she asked? of the tour person. This Manager managed to sour my very last night of my trip. She made no effort to help us. She did not want to satisfy us. She was nasty, negitive and had no regard for maintaining customer relations. A gentle man not far away also working nearby walked over to her and handed her a room number and said give them this room. Unpleasantly like she was unhapapy to satisfy us she registered us for another room. If this is the type of "service and customer relations Mariott has to offer I am extremely disappointed. What is the point of maitaining attractive and comfortable establishments if you are going to treat your customers like this.

>----------- End of Message ----------

>

>

d my letter to the Marriott and you will see what I mean.

Archived