Who to contact?

Howie411

You do not mention addressing this while you were on the ship.

If you did not address it then....it is to late to start complaining now.

If was that big a deal, then you should have exercised your Carnival Vacation Guarantee and gotten off at the first port.

Since you did not do that....don't make a mountain out of a mole hill now.

Try to keep up. He got it resolved. Apparently Carnival has better business sense than you.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Just to add I had issues on a cruise or two and the pursers desk response is always the same line " contact the home office in Miami and they will help you" .The OP should be mad it was a special occasion that didn't meet their expectations

A very similar thing happened with us on our honeymoon cruise ,we had to move staterooms MULTIPLE times and REPACK multiple times and after MULTIPLE times at the pursers desk the head purser(manager) finally made things right

Actually its funny you mentioned that, I also ordered a cake (from Formalities) to be delivered to the Steakhouse on our Anniversary night and that never showed up either (that was refunded though).

I appreciate the responses from most of the folks on here and this issue is now taken care of. For the rest of you people that replied to this thread because you have nothing better to do then insult someone hidden behind the internet, get a life. People come here to post questions, and talk about their cruise experience. Not to get harassed by some loser who comes on this board to insult someone when they asked a question. You are the type of people who need the help more then I do.

Sorry, but yor complaint has to be one off the silliest that I have read on these boards (except for the missing pink croc shoe). I have ordered the decorations and thought they were not worth the money (never thought to measure them though) but I just thought "lesson Learned" and I left it at that.

Sorry, but yor complaint has to be one off the silliest that I have read on these boards (except for the missing pink croc shoe). I have ordered the decorations and thought they were not worth the money (never thought to measure them though) but I just thought "lesson Learned" and I left it at that.

I don't think of it as a lesson learned $35 for $1 store items with little magnets, OP should have got what was in the picture as described not what they feel like giving him

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/80D/happy-anniversary-cabin-decorations

Some silly complaints are important to some just like something not important to some may be important to you

I don't think of it as a lesson learned $35 for $1 store items with little magnets, OP should have got what was in the picture as described not what they feel like giving him

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/80D/happy-anniversary-cabin-decorations

Some silly complaints are important to some just like something not important to some may be important to you

Sorry, but it is silly, however it is a very entertaining thread.

Actually its funny you mentioned that, I also ordered a cake (from Formalities) to be delivered to the Steakhouse on our Anniversary night and that never showed up either (that was refunded though).

I appreciate the responses from most of the folks on here and this issue is now taken care of. For the rest of you people that replied to this thread because you have nothing better to do then insult someone hidden behind the internet, get a life. People come here to post questions, and talk about their cruise experience. Not to get harassed by some loser who comes on this board to insult someone when they asked a question. You are the type of people who need the help more then I do.

So, what did they do? You posted about a 3 foot banner and your discord, then leave us dangling. Kind of rude.

Did you get a full refund, OBC? A new anniversary cruise?

Thank goodness you are not a female...because you would be disappointed a lot! Because what your saying is size does matter?

The picture does not look 6ft...but I am sure you got your money back as you wanted...it's people like you the reason for those items are so expensive!

...Not to get harassed by some loser who comes on this board to insult someone when they asked a question...

Kind of like that old Tom Petty song:

Baby even the losers

Get lucky sometimes

Even the losers

Keep a little bit of pride

They get lucky sometimes

Ok, so I recently was on the Carnival Pride for my Anniversary and I pre-ordered the Anniversary Room decorations. The description states: "A perfect surprise to enhance a cruise experience for the anniversary couple, decorate a stateroom with "Happy Anniversary" wishes; a festive cascade decoration with hanging hearts and anniversary wishes, 4 streamers leading off a center ceiling decoration, 4 danglers amongst the streamers add to the ceiling decoration, a 6 ft. long Banner proclaiming "Happy Anniversary", and a 20" table centerpiece."

Needless to say the banner in the room was 3 feet, maybe less. While that may not sound like a big deal, I did pay for this package with the assumption it would be 6 feet. When I emailed Carnival for a explanation and or partial refund they basically said. "Our staff has the authority to use substitutions when needed and a Happy Anniversary Banner was provided. We apologize for any further disappointments this may cause."

There was no fine print saying this, a company can't just change what you purchased. That is like if I purchased an OceanView cabin and got an interior cabin.

Short of filing a charge-back with my CC is there anyone else I should try to contact before going that far?

Well, you used that magic word "ass-u-me" ....and if you'd really looked at the photo before you committed to buy the package, you'd have seen the banner on the wall, and obviously it's less than 6' wide. The total package of decorations more than decorates the room, and the banner, placed over the headboard of the bed is large enough to be easily read. Everything is overpriced, and just like Ebay - what you see is what you get, not necessarily what's in type or what you think you're getting. I ordered the same package - after LOOKING at the photo in the Fun Shops, and was fine with it - my wife was ecstatic - and it was our 25th Anniversary cruise...

Happy_Anniversary_Cabin_Decoration_Zoom%20gif.ashx

Well, you used that magic word "ass-u-me" ....and if you'd really looked at the photo before you committed to buy the package, you'd have seen the banner on the wall, and obviously it's less than 6' wide. The total package of decorations more than decorates the room, and the banner, placed over the headboard of the bed is large enough to be easily read. Everything is overpriced, and just like Ebay - what you see is what you get, not necessarily what's in type or what you think you're getting. I ordered the same package - after LOOKING at the photo in the Fun Shops, and was fine with it - my wife was ecstatic - and it was our 25th Anniversary cruise...

So once again it's the consumer's fault because it is advertized as 6 feet but a picture on the site looks smaller? :confused::confused::confused:

Ha, when was the last time you used Ebay???? If you purchase an item and the description doesn't match what you got you are most definitely covered both by Ebay and Paypal.

As for the people wondering what the outcome was, I'm sorry to say your just going to keep wondering, and you can thank the no life jerks who come to this message board to insult people just to make themselves feel better while they hide behind the curtain of the internet. I hope no one else on here ever tries to surprise their significant other for their anniversary to have something not expected. Don't bother coming on this message board because as you can see from this thread all it takes is a few jerks to ruin it for everyone.

Lesson Learned. Get over it.:rolleyes:

I agree it isn't worth the trouble, the high blood pressure, and just dealing with another person that will tell you sorry. Don't waste any more time on griping about getting a 3-foot banner instead of a 6 foot banner.:rolleyes:

Ha, when was the last time you used Ebay???? If you purchase an item and the description doesn't match what you got you are most definitely covered both by Ebay and Paypal.

As for the people wondering what the outcome was, I'm sorry to say your just going to keep wondering, and you can thank the no life jerks who come to this message board to insult people just to make themselves feel better while they hide behind the curtain of the internet. I hope no one else on here ever tries to surprise their significant other for their anniversary to have something not expected. Don't bother coming on this message board because as you can see from this thread all it takes is a few jerks to ruin it for everyone.

I'm always amazed at people who come here asking what to do in certain situations and when they don't like the responses they get all bent out of shape. I wouldn't order any room decorations and pay for them either, with what Carnival charges, I could order a bottle of wine and enjoy it with my DH out on our balcony. I've looked into some cabins with the decorations and at the end of the cruise they are already smashed on the floor.:rolleyes:

Howie - I did try (and succeeded) in surprising my significant other for our anniversary with the same package you bought - and I read the description, just like you did - but I also looked at the photo, and I was okay with the banner. It was a big surprise to my wife, and she insisted we keep the decorations up all week. Another poster received the same decorations courtesy of their daughter for their 50th anniversary, and they were happy with them too -- I'm not trying to throw rocks at you, but there are a lot of other things on a cruise to generally find fault with, complain about, etc., than the length of a paper banner hung over your bed. That's what's gotten people's attention! In the overall scheme of things, the size of the banner is minuscule compared to the never delivered cake at dinner! I'm glad you got a refund, but I'd have been much more upset over that, personally!

Oh good heavens, this thread is a mix between hilarious and ridiculous. The OP asked a question, many/most who responded long ago suggested that life would be better spent chalking it up to lesson learned. Even if the darn thing had been 12 feet, it was still totally overpriced. Obviously you don't like the responses from those who didn't agree, but you claim you got the situation resolved. Why keep responding and calling names? Sometimes you need to know when to "unsubscribe." You've been unhappy with the thread from the beginning. You celebrated your anniversary. Far more important. I wouldn't waste another second of my time discussing a banner 3 feet inferior.

Somebody is unable to let like ANYTHING go. That's sad!:p

Well aren't you just a big tough internet cruise board poster.....?

Tough guy? I don't think so. Don't hate the messenger just because you don't like the message. Carnival settled up with the OP much to the dismay of many here. Sorry if that stings but it makes good business sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tough guy? I don't think so. Don't hate the messenger just because you don't like the message. Carnival settled up with the OP much to the dismay of many here. Sorry if that stings but it makes good business sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not hating the messenger just the messengers "better than others" attitude shown in more than just topic but thanks for the effort.

Ok, so I recently was on the Carnival Pride for my Anniversary and I pre-ordered the Anniversary Room decorations. The description states: "A perfect surprise to enhance a cruise experience for the anniversary couple, decorate a stateroom with "Happy Anniversary" wishes; a festive cascade decoration with hanging hearts and anniversary wishes, 4 streamers leading off a center ceiling decoration, 4 danglers amongst the streamers add to the ceiling decoration, a 6 ft. long Banner proclaiming "Happy Anniversary", and a 20" table centerpiece."

Needless to say the banner in the room was 3 feet, maybe less. While that may not sound like a big deal, I did pay for this package with the assumption it would be 6 feet. When I emailed Carnival for a explanation and or partial refund they basically said. "Our staff has the authority to use substitutions when needed and a Happy Anniversary Banner was provided. We apologize for any further disappointments this may cause."

There was no fine print saying this, a company can't just change what you purchased. That is like if I purchased an OceanView cabin and got an interior cabin.

Short of filing a charge-back with my CC is there anyone else I should try to contact before going that far?

Actually, in fine print it does say, "...substitutions when needed". It was on my receipt when I booked the happy birthday decorations and when I was paying for them. there was a symbol * Maybe you missed it? Good luck getting your $5 back

Archived