Special concoction you've made with food available

crusinpsychRN

It's out on the buffet - at breakfast only. But all you have to do is ask and they will get it for you!

While it's true that they will get it for you if you can't find it is also available at night on Lido...I usually grab one before I head to the cabin and keep it in the fridge so I can take my medicine first thing in the morning :D

I always make my own iced coffee in the morning at the Lido buffet.

On the ships that have Guy Fieri's hamburgers there is a fixins bar. I go to the deli and order a turkey sandwich on a country roll and have them put it on the panini press then grab some bacon bits from the fixins bar to put on my sandwich (the bacon at the fixins bar is always crispy and well done). I also put the bacon on my tuna fish sandwiches (my Mom always did this).

On the Legend, they always had hard boiled eggs on the salad bar so I'd grab some rolls from the buffet, slice up some eggs then put bacon on my sandwich. Everything tastes better with bacon...no? and a big glass of Thirsty Frog Red, yum!

As another poster mentioned, you can order the children's banana split in the main dining room and it is delicious and just the right size.

We usually get a free drink at brunch I order a fosters and ask them to not open it and save for the evening. I always buy a bucket of beer and wash it out and ask room steward to fill it with ice cover with a towel we have extra ice pretty much all day. I order a bottle of some form of alcohol from bon voyage and bring mixer's with me as my carry on beverages. And everything we do has already been mentioned such as ice cream and coffee, milk and ice cream, chicken and salad. I know it says don't bring food but I always bring a couple bags of beef jerky ports can be expensive to eat in and it make a great snack for us and enough protein to keep us going.

Chocolate milk from the breakfast buffet -- mix with vanilla soft-serve = great milkshake (and free) :o

We purchase a special plastic hurricane "glass" at the dollar store and take it with us. We mix our granddaughter a milkshake each night. She has her special drink while we have ours.

I love this thread! So many great ideas!

I thought of making a shake in my Tervis last cruise but I couldn't find any milk. Is it only available at breakfast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We get the milk off the morning breakfast bar and keep it on ice in the room. We also get it from room service.

Fill a large glass with coffee. Add lots of ice. Fill up with milk. Stir. To die for iced coffee. Love the link

Trick is to find a large glass..maybe my Tervis tumbler will have to do..I've been on an iced coffee kick lately..gonna have to continue this on my cruise..thanks for the suggestion :-)

I have a favorite lunch of a salad with cut up chicken fingers. For breakfast, almost every day, a croissant sliced and filled bacon and a cheddar cheese slice with honeydew and pineapple on the side. I don't know why I never have it at home, I guess it's just a "cruise" meal.

We also do the tea and lemonade mix. The tea is practically unthinkable by itself.

Not a creation, but I love the croissants with the guava jelly....... Yummy!!!! I have never had guava jelly at home, but I find myself looking forward Tokyo next cruise just to get some more of it!!!

I definitely am going to mix coffee and vanilla ice cream on my next cruise..... Thx above posters for the idea! Can't wait!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sailing 3/23/14 on the Carnival Legend

Yes, the iced coffee works for me.

My husband makes the Arnold Palmer, half iced tea and half lemonade over ice.

That's a good idea, crumble the cookies with the ice cream. I like the fresh chocolate chip cookies so much.