Staying on the ship while in port?

Splatt

For our upcoming Southern Caribbean cruise to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten... we have decided to stay on the ship in St. Kitts. For anyone that has been on this cruise, have we made the right decision? Which was your least favorite port?

Been to all these ports, more than once, and St. Thomas is hands down our least favorite, from this list.

It is easier to discuss how long (short?) we were off the ship - two hours in Cozumel - on our 7 day last week.

Roatan: it was just too hot, been there before, so we chose to stay on board, enjoy the pool and being able to duck into a/c when we wanted to.

Next day, Belize: tender port and though we have never been there it was also very hot, hubby who has mobility issues wanted to skip this from the start due to getting off and on the tender. So we enjoyed another day with the ship to ourselves, loungers to choose from, empty hot tubs, little lines for food, quick bar service.

Cozumel: we have been here 6 times. Only got off to see if someone had nasal spray for DH. Had a margarita and guac at Fat Tuesdays, total time off ship: 2 hours.

We didn't think we missed a thing. The goal of this trip was to relax and we REALLY got to do that. It was very relaxing when the crowds were enjoying their excursions and we could have run of the ship. We napped on loungers and in our cabin, we snacked without long lines and fighting for tables, we enjoyed getting to know the bartenders as they had time to talk. It was so lovely....looking for a 7 day with five ports for our next cruise so we can have even more "alone time" with our ship of dreams...lol :D

In our upcoming Legend cruise (39 days!!!) we will be staying on the ship in Grand Cayman and Belize. Been to GC 6 times and just not interested in "doing" anything so will enjoy the ship and our balcony. And Belize just downright scared me...sorry don't care how "beautiful" a place is...armed guards make me jumpy :eek:. So once again we'll be enjoying the quiet of the ship. Much like the PP the main goal for this trip is to relax and see some of each other since we now work opposite shifts.

We will be heading to Nachi Cocom in Cozumel to veg on the beach and do an island tour in Roatan with Rony...so we'll get the best of both worlds...hopefully :p

St. Kitts is our favorite port. It's so beautiful there. We did the train tour and had a fantastic time. The island is a true paradise.

I agree about St Kitts. We also did the train tour and loved the views enjoyed from the top of the train. Also, liked the shops at the port when we returned.

Stayed on board in Progresso. I've seen the pyramids and there isn't much to the town.

All my travel companions got off so I had a nice quiet day to myself. Enjoyed the hot tub all to myself without feeling like I had to get out after a while.

• 2 months later...
For our upcoming Southern Caribbean cruise to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten... we have decided to stay on the ship in St. Kitts. For anyone that has been on this cruise, have we made the right decision? Which was your least favorite port?

We loved St. Kitts on this same itinerary last year. This year, we will probably stay on the Valor at St. Lucia.... The view of the Caribbean Sea & Atlantic Ocean are beautiful on St.Kitts!