Rental Cars in Skagway

msweeble1

We rented from Avis...had a reservation before we arrived. The cost was about $100 for the day including all taxes and filling up the gas tank. This was for a full size...which was a Camry. We were on back to back cruises and our reservation was the second week...the weather was good the first week so I walked into the office to see if I could get a car for that day without a reservation and there were none available. I would suggest making a reservation...they do not ask for a deposit when you make the reservation. Your friends could also cancel the car via the email from the ship the day before Skagway if they decided not to use it.

We paid $60 (total) for the Camry plus $13 for gas.

We did a B2B and booked the car for both weeks. It was raining at 8 am the first week (it cleared up 2 hours later), so we just walked up to the Avis office and cancelled our car and then decided to go the following week.

FYI - Avis was full both weeks - they only have about 12-15 cars. If you want a car, I would hold one or you may not be able to rent a car.

I originally rented one for about $80 but then saw the info with the coupon, cancelled, rented again and the total with taxes was $57- we rented intermediate but got upgraded to a Camry- this was last week- we drove all the way to Whitehorse so our gas was $23- picked ours up about 8:45 (scheduled for 9)- there were several other cars there but I don't know if they were all Avis

Archived