Tinted moisturiser with SPF15 or 30 - recommendations

Kinkacruiser

Avon makes Ideal Flawless BB (beauty balm) cream and it's only $10 for a 1 oz tube. It comes in 5 colors, SPF 15. I like the texture of it. At the moment it's on sale for $7.99 if you want to give it a try. You can buy it from Avon online or from your friendly Avon lady, if you have one.

• 1 month later...
Smashbox CC cream is also great and really helped to fade some acne marks.

I'm not really LOVING it after using it for a few weeks. It may not be the right shade, so I may have to mix it with the darker shade to get what I want. Still also using Garnier's BB cream, as well. I just ordered The Balm Balmshelter tinted moisturizer on Amazon. Has anyone used that brand? Gets raving reviews on many sites and beauty blogs.

I love and use Clinique Moisture Surge tinted moisture. It comes in many shades and actually has one light enough for my very fair skin without making me look "ghostly". The SPF on that is only 15 though. I use Neutragena ultra sheer 100% sun block.

• 4 weeks later...

I make my own tinted moisturizer. I mix a 12 oz bottle of face moisturizer with 20 SPF (like Oil of Olay) and a 4 oz bottle of foundation (like Maybelline Age Rewind) in a larger bottle like you would use for haircolor etc. Turns out great every time. i started out doing this because my tan would fluctuate in the summer but I quickly became used the sheerness of it. Now it is all I wear year round.

Lisa

Nashville

I'm not really LOVING it after using it for a few weeks. It may not be the right shade, so I may have to mix it with the darker shade to get what I want. Still also using Garnier's BB cream, as well. I just ordered The Balm Balmshelter tinted moisturizer on Amazon. Has anyone used that brand? Gets raving reviews on many sites and beauty blogs.

A little late, but…

A big no from me on Balmshelter. I had tried it before I settled on Laura Mercier. It looked cakey and fake on me. I think it was more heavy foundation creme than tinted moisturizer.

If anyone's looking for a BB cream with fuller coverage without looking cakey, Lioele BB cream is FANTASTIC. It's an Asian BB cream, so it's thicker than the American brands. I have mild eczema, a small bit of adult acne, and some small acne scars, and most tinted moisturizers don't give me enough coverage. Lioele is the first BB cream I've used that I feel comfortable enough to use on it's own. The "Triple the Solution" version is SPF 30. It's definitely coming with me on my next cruise! :)

Edited by ClassyGame

I don't feel like driving to Nordstrom to buy Laura Mercier so I may buy this from Ulta today. They also released a CC cream. Will update after I try it out.

Just a tip for anyone wanting Laura Mercier -- they have their own website (free shipping if you order over a certain amount) and you always get to select from some free samples as well.

Just a tip for anyone wanting Laura Mercier -- they have their own website (free shipping if you order over a certain amount) and you always get to select from some free samples as well.

Good idea!!!

Oh sister: to help you with your Italian, subscribe to Groupon Italian version. It's fun to try to read all that they are offering. And when you get the Groupon Travel emails, you can always dream of visiting some of those places…

I am starting out with Clinique redness line of cleansers and moisturizers. Then will look into their tinted line. I was at the derm last week and there is a new cream out for Rocesea that works very well. However......1 tube costs $280, lasts 1 month and you need to reapply it every 12 hours. Insurance does not cover...:eek:

. I was at the derm last week and there is a new cream out for Rocesea that works very well. However......1 tube costs $280, lasts 1 month and you need to reapply it every 12 hours. Insurance does not cover...:eek:

Would this be Mirvaso by chance? If so, see if your derm can give you a sample. I was super excited about this until I tried the sample. I was redder than normal for several days after using.

I make my own. I use L'Oreal True Match foundation w/ SPF 17, Olay Moisturizer w/ SPF 15, and Monistat anti-chafing gel. I mix it together it the palm of my hand and apply.

No, I am sure you're asking why Monistat. Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel has the exact same ingredients as an expensive face primer at a fraction of the cost.

I learned about it here. I just use more moisturizer than foundation.

I've been using Smashbox BB cream now for most of the past year, and I absolutely love it! It is a little on the expensive side, but I've found that it lasts for a long time, and you do get what you pay for with these creams. This one looks real in sunlight and not fakey or orange-ish. It gives a nice glow and even covers up redness. I definitely recommend it!

I've used tarte foundation for a few years now and I love it. I recently read makeup artists makeup recommendations on refinery29 and they raved about tarte's bb tinted moisturizer. It's oil free, light weight, and spf 30 (so even good in the heat!) It's also a vegan formula! http://www.sephora.com/bb-tinted-treatment-12-hour-primer-broad-spectrum-spf-30-sunscreen-P377542?skuId=1486752

I also used cliniques regular tinted moisturizer and definitely liked it...I did feel a bit dewey to the point where I could just wipe it off with a tissue when I would wear it in humidity. But it is a lot lighter feeling than wearing a whole face of foundation in the heat. It's spf 15 and still oil free. http://www.sephora.com/moisture-surge-tinted-moisturizer-spf-15-P284201?skuId=1322510