Royal Princess Menus, Venice to Barcelona, July to August

Dragonqueen

After a lovely day spent walking around the beautiful Island of Capri, working up an appetite.

P8040767.jpg

P8040768.jpg

Peruvian scallops - nearly forgot the photo again

P8040840.jpg

Asian Spiced Duck Breast

P8040843.jpg

Orange Roughy

P8040841.jpg

Grand Mariner Souffle

P8040845.jpg

For those of you who are observant, I had another dessert lined up

Black Forest Gateau

P8040847.jpg

I paid the price for my greediness the next day, Day 8, - although I put it down to too many young hands all over the ship putting sticky finger marks everywhere.

It was our 2nd sea day, and therefore Formal Evening. I had breakfast, then watched a special presentation by Chef Alfredo & watched a bit of the MUTS film "Overboard" & then I had to confine myself to our cabin as my tummy wanted a clean out & fresh start to the second half of our cruise, which meant that I didn't get to wear my lovely new formal gown & worst of all I missed the Captain's dinner with the Lobster :(:eek:

We decided to try Alfredo's for dinner, I was a bit disappointed with the small choice of pastas, but what we had was very tasty....

I have Alfredo's on my 'list' five times (four lunches and one dinner). The food looks amazing! Can't wait to try it with some wine or Sangria. I think my anticipation just ramped-up another notch. :eek: :D

I've been negative on the Royal buy I'll say this: they finally did the Horizon Court right! Now let's bring all the other ships into dry dock and refit them with the Royal's HC.

And once and for all, no more complaints about the food on Princess!

Most days we started the mornings by going to IC for some fresh brewed coffee that I had in my Princess thermo Mug & I would collect a Parfait, (I preferred the ones from IC as they were strawberry & just seemed better balanced) then we would go up to Horizon court & add more fruit & nuts etc.

P7310251.jpg

We had been to Rome on a number of occasions & had decided to have a ship day to ourselves, which we really enjoyed, & took more photos around the ship.

The décor between Horizon court & Bistro is different, which we found helpful to be able to find our way round it as it is a very large area.

This is the 1st area that you enter when coming through from mid ship, pool area, Horizon Court.

P8071037.jpg

P8071046.jpg

P8071053.jpg

Then you pass through to Horizon Bistro which has a totally different atmosphere

P8071038.jpg

P8071043.jpg

P8071041.jpg

All to ourselves !!!! No queue

P7290046.jpg

P8071055.jpg

The Hibachi Grill

P8071058.jpg

Needless to say, our plates were a real miss match of food !!! I feel a little ashamed at my lack of restraint, NOT !!

P8071059.jpg

Even the sandwiches were presented so well, I just can't emphasise enough at just how great the food was everywhere, the hardest choices throughout the cruise was where to eat & then what to miss out on !!

P8071057.jpg

After a swim in the retreat pool & an afternoon nap, it was time to sit down again & work hard on making the next important choice.

P8071096.jpg

P8071097.jpg

Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup

P8071099.jpg

Twice baked goats cheese soufflé

P8071098.jpg

Pork Tenderloin

P8071101.jpg

Trilogy of Lamb, Veal & Chicken

P8071100.jpg

I am now going to show my ignorance on how photo sharing works.

I have just received notification from photobucket, which I use to upload & host my photos to link to here, to advise me that I am 98% of my bandwidth which I understand is the measurement of the amount of people looking at the photos I am sharing. When it gets to 100% the photos will start disappearing until it resets every month on the date I joined which is the 10th.

I can pay for more bandwidth but as I do not use it that often I am reluctant to do so, so I will apologise to anyone coming across this thread & finding all the photos gone !!!!

Anybody any ideas or suggestions, I am new to this problem.

I will now have to wait until the 10th to be able to post the last photos

Again, sorry folks.

I have just received notification from photobucket, which I use to upload & host my photos to link to here, to advise me that I am 98% of my bandwidth which I understand is the measurement of the amount of people looking at the photos I am sharing. When it gets to 100% the photos will start disappearing until it resets every month on the date I joined which is the 10th.

I can pay for more bandwidth but as I do not use it that often I am reluctant to do so, so I will apologise to anyone coming across this thread & finding all the photos gone !!!!

Again, sorry folks.

Sorry to hear that! I don't know how to post photos at all so I am way more ignorant than you are.

I can wait till the 10th for the last of the photos. It really is wonderful what you are doing for us all.

Again, sorry folks.

It has been my good fortune to have seen all the great photos you've shared so far! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :)One thing in particular made me really happy and that was to see that one of my favorite desserts, Crème Brulee, is "always available.":) I would like to be of help or suggest something to remedy your situation, but have absolutely no knowledge about how to share photos. Waiting until the 10th to see the rest of your photos won't be a problem! It will give me something to look forward to! I also must thank David for sharing the link to your thread on our Roll Call.

Well done! Thank you again Dragonqueen! :)

Best Regards!

John