FTTF and Six Weeks out

Slacktide

I've read all of what I can find here on the FTTF. One thing was that they release 15 passes at a time and to keep checking Carnival's site as they might come up. At six weeks out am I wasteing my time? It's a pain, for some reason my computer doesn't pay nice with that site.

I think op is asking if more are ever released as late as 6 weeks out. Unfortunately I have no idea. For my last cruise I got mine about 7 weeks out. So maybe? For my next one I've been obsessively checking since I booked and they haven't been released and we are now there months out. Hoping they release a late bunch.

OP, keep checking at least once a day. I "missed the boat" on obtaining FTTF for my upcoming Christmas cruise and have been checking obsessively several times a day for almost two months.

Much to my surprise and delight, it appeared as available early yesterday morning and I snapped it up. Someone must have had to cancel their trip, as just one FTTF was available. Keep trying, and good luck! :)

Also, if your computer isn't showing the carnival.com site properly, switch to a different browser. Firefox works fine for me.

If it is something you really want then I would keep checking every couple of days. If someone cancels then one could come available. I have seen posts where someone in your situation was able to buy one when they were showing sold out at one time. I purchased mine at over 7 months out.

If you really want it, I'd keep checking. When I booked my cruise in mid August, there were only 7 FTTF available. I'm 9 weeks out now and just checked and there are 10 available now so they either added more or people cancelled and opened some up.

We leave Oct 13 on Freedom and only booked about 4 weeks out. Only one other cruise 22 yrs ago for honeymoon, and had never heard of FTTF. A woman I work with told me and so I looked on Carnival and of course SOLD OUT. Read several posts, including this one. I have been looking at least 5 times a day on Carnival site. This morning, 7 days before cruise, one popped up. Purchased it quickly. Yay!!! Don't give up looking, if someone cancels their cruise, you might get lucky like we did.:)

Try switching your browser to make things easier. Use Firefox or Chrome - certain areas on Carnivals website work better on Chrome than Firefox and other area work better on Firefox than they do on Chrome. Just keep playing with it and keep looking!

We booked a spur of the moment cruise this last week for Halloween for the Carnival Fantasy and got the last FTTF, according to the excursion page. This will be the first time we have used the program. That is 3.5 weeks out. Hope this helps. :)

I think op is asking if more are ever released as late as 6 weeks out. Unfortunately I have no idea. For my last cruise I got mine about 7 weeks out. So maybe? For my next one I've been obsessively checking since I booked and they haven't been released and we are now there months out. Hoping they release a late bunch.

sailing oct 13 on sensation, bought fttf on Wednesday this week.

I read several posts that told you how to determine how many were left but I did not see how many were left.

so yes you can get them close to cruise date.

got mine 440 days out, as soon as I book it is the next thing I do. :D

Same here! :D I booked in September for November 2014. As soon as I was booked, I went in and purchased our FTTF for both cabins. It sells out FAST, plus if you are in the last few, you could get bumped if they have a lot of Plat/Diamond cruisers booked. :eek:

We leave Oct 13 on Freedom and only booked about 4 weeks out. Only one other cruise 22 yrs ago for honeymoon, and had never heard of FTTF. A woman I work with told me and so I looked on Carnival and of course SOLD OUT. Read several posts, including this one. I have been looking at least 5 times a day on Carnival site. This morning, 7 days before cruise, one popped up. Purchased it quickly. Yay!!! Don't give up looking, if someone cancels their cruise, you might get lucky like we did.:)

Congratulations........typically the closer you get to the cruise if the FTTF is already sold out they are not going to open another 15 slots so your only hope is that someone cancels and that's VERY infrequent.......

The only thing the OP can do is to keep checking, but it's highly unlikely that your luck is going to be repeated very often.......

I also just got one that randomly popped up! Id been checking obsessively. I thought I was seeing things when it said add to cart instead of sold out!

Ha! That's exactly how I felt when it showed up as available for me! :)

I guess that there is just not that big a demand for FTTF on my cruise. I am on the Valor sailing out in 3 days, and I just bought my FTTF pass today and the site showed that there were still 20 passes available. Now I do realize that this cruise does not leave until 10:00pm, but it is nice to have your luggage settled in your room early so that you can enjoy the area.

I DH and I are platinum.

My sister and her boyfriend are joining us on our June Miracle cruise to Alaska. This is their first cruise.

I purchased FTTF for her because I saw it was available. I knew I could cancel it.

We are sailing out of Seattle. I don't know which ports, if any, are tender ports.

Is FTTF a good investment for this particular cruise?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

WOO-HOO........26 days out and I finally got lucky. Had it not been for ya'lls help/advice,(to keep checking) I'd of gave up on day 1.;) I really needed this as I don't think my knees could of handled all the standing envolved with boarding and disembarkment again. I was real close in throwing in the towel and getting a handicapped placard from my Dr. so I could ride the wheel chair.:(

Archived