Carnival is bringing back brochures!!!

TurtleCrossing1

Serious? Even without us, nature will go on. How many seedling I need to pull, mow and kill every Spring. And none will ever have the chance to make a brochure.

I'm excited I can once again hug my Carnival brochure instead of my trees. ;-) Life is good again.

I'm a computer loving millennial, so I'm at a bit of a loss. What is the big deal about brochures? What's in them that you can't get online?

Wondering the same thing. I hate getting ads on the mail for stores and such when I can just look online. Goes straight in the trash. Seems like its a step backwards, not forward. I wish they would take some of the money they are spending on that and just redesign the website to make it more usable and mobile friendly.

I'm a technology loving boomer and I definitely don't get it.

I have no problem finding all of the information I need to make decisions or comparisons online.

I recycle all the same junk too on a daily basis.

I'm a computer loving millennial, so I'm at a bit of a loss. What is the big deal about brochures? What's in them that you can't get online?

Absolutely nothing. I think some people just love looking at the pictures. Sadly I am no longer a millennial:(, but I am a true tecky and gadget person. I was happy, happy, happy when I could go paperless with my bills, etc. And all of my magazines and books are delivered to my iPad. It's just a preference, to each his or her own.

I think for some of us, it just has to do with memories of when we first started cruising. I always loved going to the travel agent and picking up the newest brochure, not just for cruises but for land vacations as well.

If they are out when we go to the AFBase in a couple of weeks, I'll be sure and pick one up.

I'm not sure, but I would think that Carnival will be using recycled materials for these new brochures.:rolleyes::)

I'm a technology loving boomer and I definitely don't get it.

I have no problem finding all of the information I need to make decisions or comparisons online.

I recycle all the same junk too on a daily basis.

Then explain how SO many people are SO clueless on what they all need to know on a cruise; before, during, and after. Even the most basic questions posted here are all in the old brochures under "WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW".

Even since the brochures went away, it appears everyone went stupid.

Then explain how SO many people are SO clueless on what they all need to know on a cruise; before, during, and after. Even the most basic questions posted here are all in the old brochures under "WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW".

If carnival would make their website more usable, they could easily do this online too. There's no reason it has to be on paper.

There's s reason newspapers, magazines, and hey travel agents are going out of business. I guess I just don't get why they would bring this back. But some people clearly feel strongly about it so I guess that's why.

IMHO a step in the right direction! I still have my old brochures and look at them at times.

I think for some of us' date=' it just has to do with memories of when we first started cruising. I always loved going to the travel agent and picking up the newest brochure, not just for cruises but for land vacations as well.[/color']

If they are out when we go to the AFBase in a couple of weeks, I'll be sure and pick one up.

I'm not sure, but I would think that Carnival will be using recycled materials for these new brochures.:rolleyes::)

Agreed! I still have our very first brochure, and often use it as a go to guise for deck plans of the ships that are in it. I am happy that they are coming back, so I can have one with the new ships in it. I love computer, but I love the brochures too, and Imho, it is easier to view the deck plans via the brochure. Maybe they will use recycled paper for them as another poster suggested?

Big Big Waste of Money!

Great. More dead trees. Way to go, Carnival. HUGE step backwards. :mad:
Dead trees ? We are talking about the cruise industry which is as tree killing as it gets.

I am not a millennial but this seems like such a waste of money to satisfy the Luddites. Funds could certainly be put to better use.

Big Big Waste of Money!Dead trees ? We are talking about the cruise industry which is as tree killing as it gets.

I am not a millennial but this seems like such a waste of money to satisfy the Luddites. Funds could certainly be put to better use.

its better than eliminating early saver though

If carnival would make their website more usable, they could easily do this online too. There's no reason it has to be on paper.

Now there's a BIGIF! I can't tell you how many times I jump over to that site when a question here is asked, and their search engine and FAQ's are useless.

And when you do find it, and come back here, there are 20 answers, some right, most wrong, then the rights challenging the wrongs, and the wrong challenging the rights.

And then the whole thing goes to the afterlife, only to asked again.

Absolutely nothing. I think some people just love looking at the pictures. Sadly I am no longer a millennial:(, but I am a true tecky and gadget person. I was happy, happy, happy when I could go paperless with my bills, etc. And all of my magazines and books are delivered to my iPad. It's just a preference, to each his or her own.

Being a millennial is a generational term like Boomer or Gen Xer.

I thought there might be something magical about them, but I guess not. I do everything between my iPad, iPhone and Mac so I can't imagine having to resort back to paper for information, especially given the fact that Carnival (and the other cruise lines) use dynamic pricing. It'd be a bit like Encyclopædia Britannica deciding to start up the printing presses again.

Now there's a BIGIF! I can't tell you how many times I jump over to that site when a question here is asked, and their search engine and FAQ's are useless.

I don't use the search feature on their site. I let Google do the work for me. Enter your search term and narrow the search to Carnival.com using the advanced settings.

I wonder if those that feel this is such a great move would be willing to pay for it . Didn't think so.

I do everything between my iPad, iPhone and Mac so I can't imagine having to resort back to paper for information. It'd be a bit like Encyclopædia Britannica deciding to start up the printing presses again.

Yipee! I do hope they also consider full page ads in the yellow pages

Perfect!

I wonder if those that feel this is such a great move would be willing to pay for it . Didn't think so.

Um, we will. Unless they can get sponsers to place ads in them, then the sponsers will pay for it.

It's advertising dollars. Other lines use them for brochures and meet and greets!

Just get your hands on one. You'll know! :D Personally, I think that a brochure does a better job presenting what a cruise is about than a website. It follows a logical and organized format. It sells you the idea of a cruise in a way that websites can't.

Q: When grocery shopping, do you look at the circular on line, or prefer to have one in hand?

Because a lot of people ARE clueless - with or without a piece of paper in front of them.

What makes you think that would change with a brochure?

"Really? I had no idea. I didn't read that in the brochure I got".

Archived