What is the story (if any) behind your "handle"

popcan

When I signed up for CC, I was working for a newspaper, driving a truck to deliver the papers to the carriers. Hence the Deliver. The 42 in my year of birth.

Edited by deliver42
Should be is my year of birth, not in.

I've been known, at least to some people, as GUT most of my life, initially it was Little Gut (even though I was bigger than Gut), then it was Gut's Brother by someone who knew my brother but only just discovered we were brothers, then it was Guts (ie he's got some guts, because of he way I played Rugby League.

I had cause to contact an old school mate, some 20 years after leaving school, he's wife called out "Mic it's a Geoff on the phone" Mic "I don't know a ?... **** Guts".

Now CC won't take three or four letters, so some numbers that are important to me were tacked in the end.

If you see Gut on any forum, fair bet it's me.

I'm in my 26th or 27th year of teaching 6th grade - all at the same school. I'm lucky enough to be 5 miles from my parking spot at home to my parking spot at school - 3 stop signs on the way over, 1 on the way home. Can you tell we're in a rural area?

I love teaching and 6th graders are such fun - still kids but wanting to be treated in a more grown-up manner. In our district they are still in the elementary school and our school is a small rural one - 3 buses bring in all our kids.

Anyway, I "luvteaching" and that's my story!

Karen

My ds is a 6th grade Ancient History teacher and loves that age. His school is an Intermediate school and has 844 5th and 6th graders. Congrats on teaching at the same school for that long!

My CC handle is the name of my first border collie. She was my favorite dog so I decided to honor her name, Kallie Kae.

Before my first cruise on Carnival's Imagination back in 2004 I looked up what excursion I was going to do and found out that we were making a stop in Grand Cayman Islands and the excursion we did have a stop in Hell, and so going to Hell I was hell bound to go there thus my handle is hell bound, Ron is my first name and 05 is my birth month hence hellboundron05.

Keroppi is a Sanrio brand cartoon figure -- sort of a frog. As well known in Asia as Mickey Mouse is here. I used his image as the mascot in my primary classroom, as wall decor, book covers, award stickers, pencils, etc. In Japan, frogs don't say "ribbit". They say "kero, kero, keroppi".

This a fun thread!

Looks obvious as I had four grandsons but there is more to the story. My son was a single dad to the four boys and after being alone for a few years he met a wonderful gal who had two boys and a daughter. Now it is six boys plus. All but one lives at home and her oldest is going into the Navy next year.

Can you imagine the laundry and cooking?? The grocery shopping is interesting.

My daughter had her first this year and now we have a beautiful little girl also.

I guess I could try and change my name but I am proud of my son when he was a single dad to four great boys.

4boysnana

Years ago I was given an initial necklace as a gift for service. I don't have a middle name but they added a G to make it EGG. Another board member had the same initials and got the same necklace. To this day we call each other EGG.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app