Hosting a Small Party In Your Suite

Sure, just call room service and tell them what you want, as in a couple cheese trays. You can get soft drinks at the bar and a bag of ice. If you already have booze in your cabin your guest can mix one or have them stop by a bar and get what they want on the way.

This Is what we have done in a gs

If you really wanted to go elaborate, such as having the hot/cold snacks like the Concierge lounge, Royal has various menus they offer for extra cost. They charge by the person per hour.

Has anyone ever hosted a small party in a suite? With, say, appetizers, and maybe even sodas/drinks? I'm just wondering if it can be done.

Thanks in advance for your help!

If you have a GS or above you can talk with the Concierge about ordering a plate or two of some hot/cold appetizers that is severed nightly in the CL during cocktail hour. Have no idea how you would handle drinks/sodas.

If you really wanted to go elaborate, such as having the hot/cold snacks like the Concierge lounge, Royal has various menus they offer for extra cost. They charge by the person per hour.

I didn't know that! We've had friends that have had the Concierge handle it for them. Looks like times have changed.

...I didn't know that! We've had friends that have had the Concierge handle it for them. Looks like times have changed.

I don't remember exactly, but it could be that the price list I saw pertained to larger parties than would typically be in a stateroom.

If you want to throw a more "formal" cocktail party in your GS (or any cabin cateogry), you can arrange to have a bartender work your party. They basically come in, set up and tend bar for you and your guests. There is a by the hour charge for this as well as the alcohol that's served. You can also order (for a cost, various food items), or as others have said, make arrangements with the Concierge or order room service.

Well I've never actually had my own suite, but we attended a party in another cruisers suite. We met them years back on our roll call and big group of us hung out all cruise. They had a party just for us. They had room service deliver fruit and cheese platters and I remember there being wine and a bottle of rum. I'm honestly not sure how the booze got to the party.

It was a blast and it was really fun to hang out in such a nice suite.

I just go to the windjammer and load up a plate of cheese and meats. Then the promenade for some breads. People really don't need much, it is not like they are not on a cruise and are having to exist on office food. I think the biggest party in my cabin was about 16 on a TA. Most people brought stuff with them from the obvious sources. If you involve the cruise line for catering there is definitely a charge. they are happy to accomodate.

jc

Archived