112 degrees in Phoenix

plumeria

Hot, Hot, Hot is anyone looking forward to cooling off on a deliciously coooooool cruise, soaking in the cooooooooool air, I can’t wait, I will just sit under my fan, with air conditioning on and close my eyes and pretend the fan is a cool breeze from the ocean sitting on my veranda, I need to get ocean sounds CD to top off the fantasy. And maybe add salt to my humidifier for salty ocean effects

LOL

Anyone else wanting to cool off?

Plumeria

Summit

Jan 2

LA- Hawaii

I was in Phoenix the day 120 was reached back around 1991. Even Sky Harbour was shut down due to the extreme temperatures. Thirteen years in the heat was enough for me. I'll never leave the NW again! Now I think 80 is hot! :eek:

Joe

I am not a fan of the heat. I think I would take the Northwest over Phoenix. But if I could live anywhere I would choose Malibu California. The temperature is almost always in the 70s and 80s. Hey I can dream can't I.:D

I've always thought San Francisco had the best weather of any city I've ever lived in. Although I understand San Diego is pretty close.

So how in the world did I wind up living in the middle of the mojave desert where the temperature on our patio hit 107 today? :confused: :o

Oh well, we have great views, an air conditioner and a built-in excuse for cruising to places like Alaska, the North Atlantic and the Baltic Sea. :cool:

Save the heat till end of september. I am coming over to enjoy it!

I have seen enough rain here last week.

I was in Palm Springs over last weekend. 110 and, no, the shade did not help much. I always hear "it's dry heat, so it doesn't feel as hot", hogwash, it's still HOT. With the exception of the crowds, south Orange County, CA is a perfect (weather wise) place to live (hence the crowds). We do get some heat in the summer, but it is usually short lived.

Expected temps for today? 83...... awesome.

I'll correct myself, one of our best friends lives in Hawaii, that would be a perfect place to live.

In Sepember we will visit southern Arizona and New Mexico. We will have a rental car from and to Phx.

We are here in Yuma. I hope you get the same warmth from AZ, that we recieved in your country ,people could not have nicer and helpful.. Also had a bit of excitment.. We were there doing the Queens bithday a few years ago and we got hit with the MACE along with 100 of our students when they had a riot down at the train station,. Boy, will those stutents we took with us, have stories to tell their children... It was a blast... We also stayed on the BoatMotel in Amsterdam, that was a lot of fun. I will be back there in March 06 on the Celebrity Cruise doing the British Isles. Let me know if we can support your trip in anyway...ricko1 ;)

:eek: Here in Houston it's 98 in the shade with a 90% humidity and we haven't had any measurable rain in nearly 7 weeks.....so yesseree I am ready for Seattle and Alaska. I now have the Seattle and Juneau as my weather forcast on the computer....gives me a chill just thinking about wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. Only 12 more days and we escape. Can't wait...:) :cool:

Rick01. I remember that Queen's birthday, April 30. It is about the day of the year I stay at home, or in our vicinity, because of the thousands of people going to Amsterdam. Trains are crowded, raffic almost impossible, street are full etc., but I agree most of the time it is fun.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and today it's 83 and just beautiful. It gets in the 90's where we are, but it's not too bad. If it gets unbearable, we just drive into San Francisco (30 min.) and cool off in the fog...it's there all summer until afternoon.

Karyn

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and today it's 83 and just beautiful. It gets in the 90's where we are, but it's not too bad. If it gets unbearable, we just drive into San Francisco (30 min.) and cool off in the fog...it's there all summer until afternoon.

Karyn

San Francisco is great. Not only because of the weather but because they have the worlds greatest football team.

:eek: Here in Houston it's 98 in the shade with a 90% humidity and we haven't had any measurable rain in nearly 7 weeks.....so yesseree I am ready for Seattle and Alaska. I now have the Seattle and Juneau as my weather forcast on the computer....gives me a chill just thinking about wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. Only 12 more days and we escape. Can't wait...:) :cool:

Thank you so much. Houston's humidity reminds me why I live in the middle of the desert. ;)

Once you hit 100 degrees the fact that it is a "dry" heat doesn't matter. It is simply hot. But added humidity can take a hot day into a whole other experience. 98 degrees with 90% would be absolute torture, and I grew up in Chicago, where those conditions are not uncommon.

Oh, for the sea...

I was raised in Phoenix and hated the summers and know we are in Las Vegas, Nevada and it's 109 degrees today and I still hate the summers.

Alaska is really looking good right now :) Only 2 weeks to go until we sail on the Infinity to Alaska

• 2 weeks later...

I'll take a dry heat of 105-110 with a little breeze and some shade over 85 with humitity any day. I love Florida and Texas, have lived both places for many years, but the heat combined with humidity is sometimes unbearable. Atleast in the desert it cools off at night. Miss the green grass but don't miss mowing the yard in heat and humidity.

It is 97 degrees right now (10:10pm) and we are under a severe heat warning until Tuesday PM(Southern NV, Southeastern CA and Northwestern AZ). And we have already had six straight days of high heat conditions.

I don't remember a summer that it has gotten this hot for this long this early. (Of course, I've only lived here for 11 years :) ) Our unheated swimming pool is 84 degrees! :eek:

Thursday we get to go to Carlsbad (on the California Coast) for the day.

And I think I'll be okay if I can just make it til we leave for a week in San Francisco (in September -- I wanna go now)

I know that there are areas and conditions that are a lot worse than what we have here, but somehow that doesn't make me feel a whole lot cooler! :cool:

Now, maybe a Tom Collins might help.. :D

Susan (in Air Conditioned Isolation)

Hi Rick, thanks for the offer, but we will drive around in Southern Arizona and New Mexico.

Our 2nd trip in October (I won 2 tickets) will be San Francisco, San Diego and Palm Springs area, no Yuma.

Hi Rick, thanks for the offer, but we will drive around in Southern Arizona and New Mexico.

Our 2nd trip in October (I won 2 tickets) will be San Francisco, San Diego and Palm Springs area, no Yuma.

Hope you have a very, very good time...ricko :)

Archived