Comfort Suites Hobby Airport

LostAgain

We will be going on Navigator out of Galveston in April. We will arrive the night before and plan to stay at the Comfort Suites Hobby Airport. It seems to get reviews, prices are reasonable, there is a free breakfast, and they have a free shuttle to/from the airport. So my question is, we will not have a car and are wondering about dinner the night of arrival. Is there somewhere very close walking distance or somewhere that will deliver to the hotel?

Unless you like Denny's, which is about a block away or Fast Food Taco's which is about a block and a half I'd plan on order out. Alternative would be to take a taxi down to Baybook Mall (first choice) or to a much lesser extent Almeda Mall. Plenty of shopping, resturants and entertainment at Baybrook...probably cost under $20 for a taxi each way.

The Hobby Airport area is...like most areas near airports anywhere from scary to not really that safe. If it were me and my family...I wouldn't risk walking about.

Your alternative would be to go directly to Galveston instead. Lots of nice hotels and a much more touristy area (for the most part). Some Hotels may offer shuttle from Airport but most likely only offer shuttle to the port/Ship. You'd probably have to go with something like Super Shuttle to galveston...

Just my 2 cents

Thank you. Since there will be five of us, a taxi gets complicated. So we will just plan on eating at the airport before leaving there, or ordering out. I appreciate the heads up so we can plan.

I know you'll be tired when you get to the hotel, so when you arrive ask for the delivery menu's. There should be a good handful :)! We usually order delivery pizza to start our vacation.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Check with the hotel and see if they will take you to and pick you up from dinner using their shuttle. I know a number of other hotels in that area offer this service, as we have used it in the past to go to dinner.

OP, It looks like they have a complimentary shuttle that will take you within a five mile radius. this wouldn't get you as far as the Baybrook mall area (about 10 miles), but the hotel staff might be able to suggest something within five miles.

Archived