Is there a brunch?

Bluebury

I have travelled with a couple of other lines and on one of the sea days they have held a fantastic brunch in the main dining room.

Some people missed the because they were not informed about it and did not notice the announcement in the daily paper. Do P&O do a brunch and if so - how good is it and how are passengers notified?

Thanks - sorry if the info is mentioned somewhere but I could not find the answer.

There is lunch in the main restaurant every day, whether a sea day or port day. It is normally open from 1215 to 1345. There is also lunch in the self service.

Opening times for all restaurants are given in the daily Horizon paper, delivered to your cabin each evening.

Brian

I have travelled with a couple of other lines and on one of the sea days they have held a fantastic brunch in the main dining room.

Some people missed the because they were not informed about it and did not notice the announcement in the daily paper. Do P&O do a brunch and if so - how good is it and how are passengers notified?

Thanks - sorry if the info is mentioned somewhere but I could not find the answer.

No! I have never experienced Brunch on board P & O assuming you mean a specific serving between 10am and 12 noon.

No - not something P&O do. I experienced a fabulous one on Nautica when we were arriving in port at noon so everyone would be getting off around normal lunchtime. Having a buffet set up in the MDR took the pressure off the Terrace Restaurant. Assuming the right weather conditions P&O will have a deck barbeque on one of the days.

We had brunch on Celebrity, it was fantastic

P and O don't do this but I have been to their 'chocolate' event which is a similar concept, the MDR was full of choccy delights, the queue was very long, it was advertised in the daily paper delivered to the room

I have been to this on 3 P and O cruises, the Last one being 2010

I am not sure if they still do it

Yes Rubydoobydoo that is where we have experienced a brunch and thoroughly enjoyed the spectacle.

For those that have not had the opportunity - the brunch that we have attended on Celebrity is what it says really - a mixture of breakfast and lunch. It is a buffet set up in the main dining room, the choices are huge and the presentation is amazing.

Besides the food there are also several ice sculptures - each being about 3 foot high, there are also carved fruit displays and creations such as houses made from bread. The display is fantastic and most people take a camera.

It is good that on P&O the MDR is open at lunch times even on port days.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Archived